Hello from CO

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProfJ

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

New here...I have hunted antelope a couple of years with a muzz, going out for elk this year. Looking forward to improving my knowledge here!

Regards,
Jon

Welcome, from North Carolina! How was hunting antelope?
I think muzzleloader hunting for antelope is the most fun thing you never heard about. You really have to put the sneak on them, and they have ridiculously good eyesight. But in a good spot (CO public lands are fine) you get to try a new stalk several times a day, so it stays entertaining. I am NOT going to tell you my success statistics.

Where in CO are you at? My family was in Limon for 35+ years, before wife and I moved to Missouri.

I think muzzleloader hunting for antelope is the most fun thing you never heard about. You really have to put the sneak on them, and they have ridiculously good eyesight. But in a good spot (CO public lands are fine) you get to try a new stalk several times a day, so it stays entertaining. I am NOT going to tell you my success statistics.
That is what I thought. It is crazy because you see bunches of them everywhere and they just watch you, apparently unconcerned. I had heard that they take off if you approach, so I figured you have to be a good and stealthy hunter to bag one with a smoke pole. “Sniper in a ghillie suit” 😎

Latest posts

Back