Heh heh heh...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took Calico out 'tuther day. Sat between a fella with a suppressed. 223 and another fella with an E.B.R. ( Evil Black Rifle).
Calico got some confused looks...
Cough, goes the .223.
CRACK! goes the E.B.R.
BOOOOMMM... Says Calico.
No breeze so the smoke just hung there.
No charge for the ' skeeter repellant boys.
The .223 was bug holing, but I did thrash the E.B.R.
Heh heh heh. Good girl Calico...

I love getting to the range early, as in first on the line. Then have some dude show up with snazzy looking rifle. Since I'm in no hurry and like the gun to cool ff between shots I just go about my business finally reloading and setting the rifle in the stirrups. I'll wait until they're done with their volley, then touch it off. When the T7 cloud finally disipates so I can see what they're doing I usually end up asking them "What?" It smokes a little, so what. There's generally some comment about noise too. If they shoot long enough to see what my 5 shot groups look like, as compared to the much larger group their putz shooter yields, they most likely say something on the order of "no way".

Then to really rub their noses in some stink I'll haul out the Optima Pistol and run a dozen hunting loads down range at 50 yards and show them the paper. That's usually the turning point for them, but I have to think the noise and smoke are contributing factors to their leaving. Love it. And nothing stinks worse than T7 smoke, to tickle their olfactory receptors.

Latest posts

Back