Heading out in the morn...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MO-KS_hunter

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

New to the forum but I've been a member of a few other hunting forums for a while. Anyway, I'm going out for a KS muzzleloader hunt in the morning on a ( probably not so ) secret spot on public land. I'm shooting a CVA Accura V1 using 95 grains of BH109 and 300 grain .451 Gold Dot hollow point with a Harvester Crushrib Sabot. It's a great load that I've worked up over the years and I've taken deer at almost 200 yards with this setup. Wish me luck and I'll post pics when/if I score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

As i hunt government land myself, i feel i understand the issues you are facing. Wishing you the best hunt!! Your bullet choice is excellent. Looking forward to pictures too!

8use5u4u.jpg

Well, I got to my spot this morning and wouldn't you know it, someone else was there :( . No worries, I had a backup area and it was hunter free so I sat there this morning. Almost had a shot on a doe getting out of the truck but wasn't fast enough. Well I went back and the guy left so now I'm hunting that area, it's better for the wind direction I'm hunting today. Anyway, I included a panorama shot of what I'll be staring at for the next few hours. Enjoy!

Good luck. To be honest, I always hated hunting public land for just the reason you mentioned.

I dropped a good sized doe from this spot last year after hunting it for about 20 minutes and there's deer sign everywhere. I just have to be patient. Time for a quick nap!

Man that sucked, decided to head back and get a bite at around 15:30 and as I was driving out, 2 trucks loaded with guys were headed right to my spot. They looked like they were going to setup stands but still, they would have driven every deer in the area away doing it. Public land sux :(

Latest posts

Back