HB #95 Success

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CORVAIR

Reaction score
Had this buck come in saturday Dec.17 about 10:45 chasing a doe.
145 yard shot using 250XTP and 44 gr. 5744. Entrance hole was about 1 1/4", no exit. After dressing deer there also were no marks on opposite side inside-ribcage. Deer ran approx. 75 yards and tumbled into a 5ft. deep hole left by an uprooted tree. :shock:

My buddy also shot a 9 point at 9:45 am, so we doubled this year. All this occurred the last day we were going to hunt and within an hour or so of quitting at noon. I give God all the credit, he certainly blessed both of us!

Picture below is the buck, then the uprooted tree, then the buck in the hole at the base of the tree:

BUCKiDEC.jpg

BUCKDEC.jpg

694e4b75.jpg

Way to go there Covair! I guess there's really not much a 250gr XTP and some 'ol 5744 CAN'T do is it? :D

GREAT buck and congratulations!

Very good buck, Corvair! Glad to see your ML season was a success!

Great deer and story! Your pet load sure does the job.

Congrats Corvair on that nice Buck! Great to hear bout a Henry Ball taken another one. :yeah:

VENISONEATR,

This is an Indiana buck taken in southern part :wink: of state.Saturday was about 35 degrees for the high. Me and my buddy had just finished hauling his buck about 3/4 mile on my deer cart.

This load also shoots 3/4" at 100 yards in my HB.

Thanks to all for the kind words. Just like to share huntin stories.

I might add that this is a public land buck. Hunting is very difficult in Indiana on public land due to the number of hunters applying pressure to the herd and the liberal deer kill allowances which has dramatically reduced the number of deer sitings.

I believe I had expended about 20 plus days just trying for a bigger buck. I had passed on a few small bucks I had seen and does, but was intending on shooting this doe until she looked over her shoulder at her persuing sutor! :D

Nice buck Its nice to see someone else hunts public land with great success.
What kind of game cart do you use I might need one I hunt Managed forest land and they closed the logging roads to ATV's. As I am getting older a cart might be in the works.
Redclub

Great Buck Corvair! Can you be a little more specific, than just southern Indiana? :lol:

Redclub,

I bought the magnum cart that Cabelas sells. It has solid rubber tires, plus I bought the plastic disk inserts that protect the wheel spokes from limb and stick damage. Cart has a center canvas sling and is about 6 ft. long folded out. I believe it is rated at 300lb.
Prior to this cart, me and my buddy had built one out of fiberglass unistrut
and used bicycle rims and tires. Believe me, the disk inserts definately work on my new cart. The old one had several rims get damaged from broken spokes.

Have used this new cart since 2003 and it works great. :D They are still sold in the catalog.

Corvair
Thanks for the info on the deer carrier, That is the one that I was thinkng of getting. Unistrut now that is interesting, (yeh I know what that is, old time electrician).
Redclub

Latest posts

Back