Harvesting the same spot?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bcwn

Reaction score
I have a very busy spot I've been keeping an eye on this season. My DLC covert has allowed me to watch this spot in real time without actually stinking up the joint. I'm getting anywhere between 80 photos to as little as 30 photos every morning and night. My question to everyone is this.

Is it possible to hunt this spot for a majority of the season without messing it up. And by that I mean hunting it once maybe twice every 10 days.

Yep. I wouldn't say 2x in 10 days is alot really. Just be careful of your scent is all. Best to try and hunt it when the wind is best for that location if you can. I have a few spots that just produce even when hunted alot.

I hunt Az flat desert chasing desert mulies and we have harvested deer out of the same spot, on back to back days, wind and coming in at dark and leaving at dark is my approach but I think wind has a biggest factor

Many variables to this question
Here in Indiana i have a particular rut spot that is between doe bedding areas near a pond and cropland. This spot will burn a camera up.
I have great access low impact so i hunt edges mostly not in the hotspot but when rut starts heating up i will hunt it every morning from nov7 to 16 and have multiple stands in area to use the wind. If im seeing mature does and dont blow the area . Its all good..buck hunting.
If im after doe before or after rut. I harvest them on outside edges of this area.
So i leave core area for rut and sanctuary..

bestill said:
Many variables to this question
Here in Indiana i have a particular rut spot that is between doe bedding areas near a pond and cropland. This spot will burn a camera up.
I have great access low impact so i hunt edges mostly not in the hotspot but when rut starts heating up i will hunt it every morning from nov7 to 16 and have multiple stands in area to use the wind. If im seeing mature does and dont blow the area . Its all good..buck hunting.
If im after doe before or after rut. I harvest them on outside edges of this area.
So i leave core area for rut and sanctuary..

Good post bestill. I have a spot like you are talking about, but its along a major travel route. Weird thing on this spot, the wind direction doesn't matter. During the rut, they travel through this spot from all directions, and at any time. So I often hunt this spot day after day the first couple weeks of Nov. I'll be in there tomorrow morning with my MK-85 :mrgreen:

Some of the other spots I hunt, I'm not afraid to hunt them day after day as long as the wind is good because the deer are fairly predictable. Bad wind, I usually don't hit them.

Latest posts

Back