Happy New Year

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jim!! Happy New Year to you and all the rest of our members. Hoping for a good year, this'll be my first to be fully retired. Looking forward to new things!

Last edited:
Same here Ed! Its been stange so far, no stress and not fighting traffic, deadlines, or dealing with my 75 employees issues along with contractor delays/issues. My wife retired the same day also. I am going to look into the snowbird thing to see if that will keep me active.

Happy New Year to all.
I looked into the Snowbirds thing myself. Been in Michigan my entire life and only desire to be in the Lakeland area of Florida for three months of January - February - March each year. It's those months of MLB Spring Training that we want to be around the Detroit Tigers & Prospects. The rest of the Florida climate months are too hot for us.

So I'm not buying anything for three months use - then watch it sit empty for nine months. Nor will we rent a home, condo or trailer there for three months. Those options are expensive.

Snowbirding are for couples that either have a pile of money - or they know other folks in Michigan that will use their purchased place in Florida for many of the remaining months of the year.

We resemble hermits and both of our large families have passed on. Our two kids and three grandkids aren't financially set yet. So the answer is No. Reluctantly I must pass on something I dreamt about doing for 20 years now.

Latest posts

Back