LRH Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a question about the long Range Hunter. There is one for sale in the classified section. Seller states that it is a left hand saftey model. Does this mean that the bolt is on the left side also or just that the saftey is set up for a lefty? Can this be changed?

Only the safety is on the left hand side I bought one like this I contacted Knight and they said it could not be converted they said to send it in and they would trade me for a right model no charge now this was almost a year ago.I had a spare right handed stock but it does not look like to much of a job to cut the stock to allow the safety good luck

I believe the saftey is part of the trigger assy. Mine has a Tminey trigger. Just 1 hex head screw attaching it to the action. You should be able to get one of these triggers for $50 but I dont think you will have a problem with the left hand saftey.
Not sure what the asking price is on the gun your looking at but my buddie just bought a brand new laminate thumbhole LRH in a kit with scope and hard case for $499. The guy sold over 3000 of them. He may have some left. Let me know if you need his number.

Franksauto said:
I believe the saftey is part of the trigger assy. Mine has a Tminey trigger. Just 1 hex head screw attaching it to the action. You should be able to get one of these triggers for $50 but I dont think you will have a problem with the left hand saftey.
Not sure what the asking price is on the gun your looking at but my buddie just bought a brand new laminate thumbhole LRH in a kit with scope and hard case for $499. The guy sold over 3000 of them. He may have some left. Let me know if you need his number.

I would be interested in one of them,if they are still available.Could you please PM me with his phone number? THANKS ~~~ Rich

I'll post this for everyone.
The name of the store is VF Sports in Port Huron, Michigan. Their number is 810-985-7733.
Not sure how many if any are left but they had 7 regular laminate stocks and 1 thumbhole a couple weeks ago, my buddy says he got the last thumbhole but it cant hurt to ask.
Price is $459 for either stock regular or thumbhole (green laminate) and $499 for kit with case & scope.

Good luck, please post the outcome.
Frank

Latest posts

Back