STOLEN / %$@*^#^%

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman1

Reaction score
I have been very sick lately and have not been to the woods much.
I went last night to sit in a blind but decided to corn up the other stand sites before my sit.

One of my ground blinds has been stolen as well as my homemade pipe feeder.They did leave my folding chair.

This is 4.600 acres of GATED property with access to MEMBERS ONLY,or supposed to be.
Now I guess I have to move all my sites.
I made my spots easy to get to and well marked so I would not have to break my neck and so members with kids who wanted to hunt could use my spots and hunt without having to go deep in the woods.I was trying to be giving and share with others and this is the pay back.

This hasn't happened to me in a while and it just made me sick.

^$#@%^ ()*%#$%%^^ (&%$%#$$%

I can't understand why fellow hunters treat each other as anti-hunters.

Chocdog

It is amazing the attitude that people have developed in regards to personal ownership of property. When did some people decided that unattended means abandoned? I have blinds all over my property. I can not stand a thief. Lets just hope I never catch one of them in the act.

Sorry to hear someone decided they needed your property more then you. I hope someday you find out who it was, and can have a chat with them.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
I experienced a similar violation a few seasons back at the club to which I belong.

Fact is, I'm certain who was responsible but...
most fellow members don't care about anyone else's problems with their property or even the shooting sports...
unless you mean knocking back 'shots'.

And I cannot prove it to those who might care.

Life sucks...

I had a tree stand stolen about 3 years ago. They cut the cable & left the steps.

That really sucks! How many sites do you have on 4.6 acres? That's not a large piece of land...

SWThomas said:
That really sucks! How many sites do you have on 4.6 acres? That's not a large piece of land...

Sorry
Four Thousand Six Hundred acres

Hey Bro

Nobody likes it, but I've learned to live with it.

But ya know what would really be Kool. is to get one of those Dog/Cat under-the -fur tracing GPS chips, and epoxy it into one of the support rods :twisted: :p :wink:

And then track that sucka right to his back yard with Police in tow :D :lol: 8) 8)

thiefs and liars

Can't stand em! Really makes a fellow mad, I had 4 stands stolen several years. I know who it was. Sherif said he could not search the place with out more proof as I did not see them take it. The thiefs house sets on 20 acres next to the 500 acres I had leased. The place is on a dead end road. I make most of my own hang on's and secretly mark all of them. It's just wrong! The other guys on the lease were goose hunters. They could not leave their decoys ,heaters ect. in their blinds as the father and son who lived on the 20 acres would clean them out. The land owner did get them busted once for poaching. Found a fresh gut pile and trailed the drag marks back to the thievs . Called the game warden. He trailed them to their house and busted them for no liscense. It did not slow them down. Years ago my brother caught a guy stealing his old "lock on" I think the guy learned his lesson or sure was a lot more carfull. Great deer hunting place but I don't hunt it any more. Same caliber of people are wrecking our economy. Thiefs and liars. I feel your pain Saxman. Boy! glad I got that off my chest!
Wayles

I had one stolen this year myself. Stole 3 sections of the ladder stand and left the top that I had cabled and locked to the tree.

Stole right off our farm...!

I feel ya, man...

I lost my blind and my WalMart folding chair on a property to which I had sole access too.

A thief in the woods almost makes a person forget that "THEY" are not in season.

My ladder stands use to get "relocated".....not stolen. They stayed in the same swamp, I just didn't always know where.

Sorry for your loss, some people just have no respect for others property!

stealing

And you wonder why property gets posted and private!

lane said:
Hey Bro

Nobody likes it, but I've learned to live with it.

But ya know what would really be Kool. is to get one of those Dog/Cat under-the -fur tracing GPS chips, and epoxy it into one of the support rods :twisted: :p :wink:

And then track that sucka right to his back yard with Police in tow :D :lol: 8) 8)

Devious...but brilliant! I like the idea.

I had one stolen this year myself. Stole 3 sections of the ladder stand and left the top that I had cabled and locked to the tree.

Stole right off our farm...!
Jim, I finally broke down and had to buy a chain and lock for each ladder section. I don't hunt from many ladder stands, but theft here in my part of Michigan is BAD. I have a lock and cable on ALL my stands. I don't buy cheap ones. I think I have as much money in cables/locks as I do in my stands.

Latest posts

Back