Another Ninering & A/C turkey hunt this morn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunting Oceolas down in FL?
Yup

@Ninering62 got me my first bird last spring after a lot of close calls over fall and spring, and we got into a flock of younger toms on opening day this fall and I took one of them

Today is my last day of work until Jan 3 and season ends 12/31. Now that we both have one down we're gonna focus on one of the real beard draggers we know are there. Also borrowed some vid equipment, hope to get some cool footage

Yup

@Ninering62 got me my first bird last spring after a lot of close calls over fall and spring, and we got into a flock of younger toms on opening day this fall and I took one of them

Today is my last day of work until Jan 3 and season ends 12/31. Now that we both have one down we're gonna focus on one of the real beard draggers we know are there. Also borrowed some vid equipment, hope to get some cool footage
Its wonderful that you want to video me getting a trophy bearddragger, but I really want us to drop both trophy birds simultaneously. We'll see how that goes soon enough bro.

If they do in Florida as around me in Idaho the answer is yes. The birds here are Meriam/Eastern crosses and were planted way back by F&G, but to me they do not taste as good as Eastern birds.

I could probably look this up, but I'll ask you- can you get a cross between the two?
I'm sure there are crossbreeds of the two. The visual differences between them aren't very much & they do both inhabit some of the same terrain like where I live. I'm on the top end of where the NWTF draws the line between the two classifications of subspecies.

Back