FROM THE LAND OF FRUITS & NUTS......MOSTLY NUTS!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregK1

Reaction score
California to Ban all Semi-Automatic Guns, Confiscate Firearms and Limit Ammo Sales

Filed under Police State Posted by: Off Grid Survival

Leave a comment

ar15California legislators are in the process of rolling out what will be the strictest gun control laws in the country. Democrat state Legislatures rolled out a list of proposals that will instantly criminalize most of the state’s law abiding gun owners.

The new law would outlaw all semiautomatic weapons, criminalize anyone who has more than 500 rounds of ammo, and require a permit to buy ammunition in the future. California, which already has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country, is also looking at a proposal which would call for the immediate confiscation of 166,000 registered modern sporting rifles. This is why people are against Registration!

Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento, unveiled the gun control package in a news conference Thursday at the state Capitol.

The package includes:

Banning the possession — not just manufacture and sale — of magazines holding more than 10 rounds.
Making possession of hollow point bullets and similar “assault bullets” a felony.
Requiring anyone wishing to buy ammunition to first get a permit by passing a background check.
Requiring the registration and reporting of all ammo purchases. Limits the number of rounds anyone can have at one time to 500 rounds.
Requiring all gun owners will have to be licensed like drivers, and will be forced to carry gun liability insurance.
Banning any gun that has a detachable magazine, and requires a 100% prohibition of all fixed magazines greater than 10 rounds.
Making all previous grandfathered magazines become illegal, and it will become a felony if you keep one.
Prohibiting anyone barred from owning a weapon from living in a home where weapons are kept
Expanding the list of crimes that would bar a person from gun possession.
Letting the state Justice Department use money from the state’s Dealer’s Record of Sale system to eliminate the backlog of people identified as no longer allowed to own guns but not yet investigated and contacted by law enforcement.

they are going to set off a war IMO. They are taking things way to far.

I think that's where they may be headed, but I also think that they are trying to disarm America for their dictator!

I also just read an article where the Fed govt just ordered 10 million rounds of 40 S&W 165gr JHP & 10 million rounds of 9mm 115gr JHP. I don't remember how much 5.56 they ordered. It's all being supplied by a company that just started 2 weeks before the announcement. The company that they list is a name only & it is to protect the company that is supplying all of this ammo to the govt. This is on top of another previous huge order of ammo. Just as an FYI.....it is NOT for the military.

GregK said:
I also just read an article where the Fed govt just ordered 10 million rounds of 40 S&W 165gr JHP & 10 million rounds of 9mm 115gr JHP. I don't remember how much 5.56 they ordered. It's all being supplied by a company that just started 2 weeks before the announcement. The company that they list is a name only & it is to protect the company that is supplying all of this ammo to the govt. This is on top of another previous huge order of ammo. Just as an FYI.....it is NOT for the military.
In reality, that's nothing out of the ordinary. FLETC (the federal police academy) trains thousands of new police officers and federal agents every year at 7 different locations. You could easily shoot 500-1000 rounds of ammo per day. In addition, most fed agencies have quarterly qualifications or tactical training, so you blow through that ammo pretty quick.

Where's California going to get all the $$$ for the new prisons they will need if this bill makes it into law???
If you got arrested and sentenced to a year, you would probably only serve 10 days like Lindsey Lohan because they don't have any place to put you.

They'll give you probation and a fine, but then you'll have a felony conviction, and won't be able to own anymore guns.

Muley said:
They'll give you probation and a fine, but then you'll have a felony conviction, and won't be able to own anymore guns.
Legally, that is. That's when I'd just drive to where all the crack-heads hang out and pick up a non-registered stolen gun (probably one that used to be mine).

Greg, I think that you have it right - "The Land of the Fruits and Nuts"
These crack pots probably don't have a chance of passing a law like this because they went so far overboard. I do think that if this is a serious law being considered that someone needs to take the lead in organizing a mass civil disobedience plan to disrupt
everything related to gun ownership and let the legislators know that people will not turn in their guns, magazines, bullets etc.
This is absolutely crazy. Hell you buy a brick of .22lr and there's 550 in the box.
Half or more of bolt action rifles have removable clips.
They won't try this is many states.
What else did you read in the funny papers?

Think of this. They just may Want the law abidding citizen to become criminals. That way they have their gun control. Convicted felonies can't own guns legally. When that happens I wonder which amendment they will start working on next, your right to vote the dictators out of office.

All this stuff just scares the crap out of me.

Back