Found some rather unique sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Harvester doesnt list them on the website but they have .475/50 sabots, i dont know if they are smooth or CrushRib. I bought a few just for kicks.

Hawks Bullets also offers them but im not sure who actually makes theirs. Most 1-28" twist barrels will probably only work well with sub 300gr bullets like the Barnes 275gr XPB.

Luckily i have one 1-24" twist gun that i use for testing heavy bullets and charges. :D

I ordered a few and some 40/50 CRs i needed and cant find locally. Very good service sofar and they even asked what guns i shoot. Then he told me i would be getting some sample packs for each caliber. :D

MMP shipped me some last week with super fast shipping and a nice discount. Connie is awesome and really on the ball. MMPs blue 357/45 look better sofar for my light 357/45 loads. The 9mm Hornady XTP BTHP fits perfect IMO. The MMP/PR Orange ones were too long for this bullet.

Have you tried conicals yet in that rifle? I would think with that twist it would be a heck of a conical shooter. Maybe some slip fit might shoot in there or some of the Great Plains.

cayuga said:
Have you tried conicals yet in that rifle? I would think with that twist it would be a heck of a conical shooter. Maybe some slip fit might shoot in there or some of the Great Plains.

Yep, it loves the Great Plains 385gr and no more than 100gr of BH209. Really 80-90gr is plenty. The rifling is deeper than most too. Pedersoli makes a good barrel.....usually

Anything but Crushribs/Low Drags in sabots can be a PITA to seat but the Great Plains are close to perfect.

Its a kicking little sucker though. I cant handle more than 120grs and 300gr+ bullets at the range for very long though. Thats why i needed the 40/50 CRs to test my 220gr hardcast .401s. The MMP's 40/50 are too tight in that gun and if they dont work in my 40/45 with a 1-28" i got a bunch of extra bullets :lol:

They should be a good match. Ive shot higher sectional density bullets just fine. It loves the 285gr Spitfire MZ too with 110gr. I might try some of the original Knight 475/52 375gr and just use the bullets. Those were designed for 1-26".

Back