First night out with my new Savage.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad Groups too

I took my new Savage for a sight in yesterday. Having read your post helped because I was getting two together at 100 yds and then one would be 24 inches to the right! I was fuming mad after about 10 shots and the best group was about 2 and a half feet. The scope rings and mounts turned out to be loose. This was the first and last time I let a gun shop mount my scope. Got groups down to 2" at 100 yds after tightening. Using IMR powder 43gr and 250 gr Hornady SST's

Re: Bad Groups too

dhwright said:
I took my new Savage for a sight in yesterday. Having read your post helped because I was getting two together at 100 yds and then one would be 24 inches to the right! I was fuming mad after about 10 shots and the best group was about 2 and a half feet. The scope rings and mounts turned out to be loose. This was the first and last time I let a gun shop mount my scope. Got groups down to 2" at 100 yds after tightening. Using IMR powder 43gr and 250 gr Hornady SST's

Ya that sucks. Loc-tite on the bases is about the norm around here. :wink:

Latest posts

Back