First Muzzleloader Buck......WOOOT....WOOOT!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinks

Reaction score
After an awesome season, Spring Bear hunt with the family, Ashley's Whitetail Doe hunt in region 7, a successfull region 5 hunt with quackquackbang and helping a buddy get his son his first Deer, I thought I'd round it off with a late season hunt with my new Muzzleloader! I started the day with a "LONG" hike and no Deer seen, lots of sign, but no game! After some pondering and the clock telling me that I should start for the truck so I could be home in time for the "STRIKEFORCE FREEBE" I turn for home! It was pretty warm so I stoped on a nice view point, no Deer, again!! So off I go again, I sneek over a ridge look around, nothing, start walking......WTF!!!! 2 bucks start bounding, I could clearly see that the front one is a decent buck and the follower is a bit smaller! I give them a few mins, then slowlly work towards them......Deer.....Dang the smaller.......we play stare tag for about 15min then he turns....4 point......but I know his buddy is bigger! Me and the smaller Buck do this for the next 30 mins....and he finally bounds off......Oh well, I work over to the next ridge....Deer......Dang!!!!! same smaller Buck, then from the corner of my eye I see movement......its his bigger buddy.... he stops......BANG!!!..........After the cloud of smoke clears, I hang some flagging and move in to where he was standing.......this is what I found....

IMG_4347.jpg

IMG_4350.jpg

IMG_4352.jpg

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy!!!

Perry

Congratulations! 8) I would have rather been where you were than watching the Strikeforce Freebee where I was. Our regular firearms season starts next Sunday, then the muzzleloader season on the 4th of Dec.

Congrats pinks. What was the new muzzleloader you used?

That is a nice buck. Good sized and looks real healthy. Congratulations on the buck. What kind of rifle, load and bullet were you shooting?

cayuga said:
That is a nice buck. Good sized and looks real healthy. Congratulations on the buck. What kind of rifle, load and bullet were you shooting?

I shot him with a Traditions Tracker 209, with a Hornady 240grn XTP Mag and 100grns of Pyrodex RS he was tstanding roughlly 50-55yrds when i shoot! After I got all the meat and the head and cape straped into my pack i took a quick look at my GPS.......1.5km to the truck!!! :shock:

Perry

Latest posts

Back