Does anyone hunt with these

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbullard1

Reaction score
Traditional caplocks and flintlocks. Here is one I just finished up It started out as a singleshot breech loader and I made a few modifications. Except for the barrel and lock everything is hand made and it has been named braveheart to honor my grandaughter as she battles ongoing heart problems.
HPIM3347.jpg

HPIM3353.jpg

HPIM3363.jpg

HPIM3360.jpg

HPIM3354.jpg

Just thought I'd post something instead of lurking in the shadows
Jerry
HPIM3350.jpg

Its a 12 guage I use a .690 roundball patched with pillow ticking and have shot up to 1 1/2 ounces of #6

VERY nice.... :wink: I had a .62 Fusil a few years ago. Wish I still had it.

That is an absolute beauty Jerry. Thanks for posting. What barrel did you use for it?

EDIT: Oops, just noticed you said it started off as a single shot breechloader. What brand?

I assume you ground off some kind of hinge lug at the breech? Or did you cut the barrel in front of the lug or in front of the chamber?

What's the barrel thickness at the breech?

What is the breechplug diameter and thread size, and how long is the threaded section?

Did you engineer a patent breech or put the touch hole in front of the breech plug?

Man, I want to do that with a 20 gauge.

Gorgous rifle. Beautiful stock on that thing - I'm jealous. :D

Jerry get out of the shadows...

Your work needs to be shown, Especially your knives.

Guys,
This man has Golden hands when he makes knives....

Here is a few I have, made from Trap Springs..
BUt he has made many more that I've seen on other sites..

JBs_knives.JPG

I am really glad you posted. That is a beautiful rifle. I hunt with flintlocks and cap locks most of the time. I also shoot inlines, but I am not fussy. If it shoots, I will shoot it. Really nice looking smoothie you have there.

Also my best wishes to your granddaughter with her medical problems..

Wow!!! I would love to have a gun like that, seems perfect for anything. Nice work.

Im really getting into the sidleock thing more and more. taking my caplock .58 bear hunting this weekend in fact.

All my best to your granddaughter as well.

Braveheart is a beauty and prayers go out to you and grandaughter.
You are very talented my friend
I made my first hand forged knife last week with the help of a local knifemaker.
It started as a Nichols file and now it is a forged knife.
Be kind,it's my first.Mexican Cocobola handle

Myknife.jpg

MyKnife1.jpg

MyKnife2.jpg

making stuff

PLease do not let the hand made arts die! Keep creating guys.

Back