Y'all Convinced Me

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pointman

Reaction score
Bought my first smokeless today. Savage ML-II stainless laminate stock. :D

I have a Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 to put on it. My question is what height of Leupold rings do I need with Leupold base?

Finally, I will apologize now for the many questions I will be asking all of you to get started. :oops:

Thanks

pointman said:
Bought my first smokeless today. Savage ML-II stainless laminate stock. :D

I have a Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 to put on it. My question is what height of Leupold rings do I need with Leupold base?

Finally, I will apologize now for the many questions I will be asking all of you to get started. :oops:

Thanks
No apologies needed,that is what this board is all about.Fire away with those questions!

Pointman,

I live in the Columbus area. If you need a little help getting started or want to try a few different powders let me know. I'm not an expert, but I own 2 of these guns and have a little over a year of playing with them. I have some 4198, 120, 2015, 5744 that should get you going in the right direction.

We seem to have quite a few Savage owners in Ohio. How about an Ohio get together?

I'm also looking for a range to join that has at least 200 yd rifle range and preferably 300. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kim

Grouse, was happy to hear medium rings will work. Just bought a set of Leupold rings and base yesterday and never thought about ring heigth....DUH

smoker said:
Grouse, was happy to hear medium rings will work. Just bought a set of Leupold rings and base yesterday and never thought about ring heigth....DUH

:lol: :lol: That's the same set up i have on my HB Savage. My other Savage has Warne.

Kim- that would be a good Idea- Both JJ (Doohan) and I are up an hour 15 min.on RT. 33 from Columbus-our range here only goes to 200 yds- ( http://members.aol.com/randymagic/ballltd31.htm ) here's JJ's range pic..I have a farmers field lane for further shots....might be an idea for the future...Rick
Kim said:
Pointman,

I live in the Columbus area. If you need a little help getting started or want to try a few different powders let me know. I'm not an expert, but I own 2 of these guns and have a little over a year of playing with them. I have some 4198, 120, 2015, 5744 that should get you going in the right direction.

We seem to have quite a few Savage owners in Ohio. How about an Ohio get together?

I'm also looking for a range to join that has at least 200 yd rifle range and preferably 300. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kim

Love to get together. I shoot at a range about 20 miles north of Marysville where I live. The range has a 200 yard limit. Join a club for 20 bucks and you get use of the whole place, fishing too.

Medium height rings worked great with the Zeiss scope and leupold bases.

Looking for powder. Does Vances have the N110 or N120?

Enjoyed the pumpkin pic's

Thanks

Anytime you folks set up a shoot just let me know and I'll bring myself and the Gander Mountain supplied jeep for a fun day of cutting paper, popping pumpkins or whatever...

The only place that I have found the 110 and 120 are in Ashland at Fin Fur and Feather.

No one in Columbus carries it. The other powders are pretty easy to find at Vances or Gander.

Would that range be the Logan County Sportsman Club?

It is the West Mansfield Conservation Club.

I can't find any of the 5744 around locally. :cry:

the Pic's above are the Moulton gun club- http://www.geocities.com/moultongunclub/ Just outside Wapakoneta, Ohio- Our nearest supplier for VV110 or 120 is Kramers in Celina, Ohio-20 minutes from the range- for IMR powders the guys that manage the range have it about a stones throw away at their business... haven't been over in a while to see whats in stock now though..Rick

I have almost a full pound of 5744 that I will not be shooting anytime soon that I will make available to you if you want it.

I could even meet you around 270 and 33 for delivery.

I have a couple of small shops I have to check on, but I might just take you up on that.

I can't wait to get out and shoot it.

Thanks to all for your help and looking forward to getting together for a shoot

PointMan - here you go- Kremer's Guns
Po Box 615
Celina, OH 45822
(419) 586-1936
Rick

Kramers is a good gunshop, but you should call about VV powders first. They do not always have them on hand. They have an excellent indoor range also if you wish to shoot handguns and have a handgun league.

Thanks for the information, called Kremers and they are out of VV110.

Picked up some 5744 and some 4759 so I can play this weekend. Just can't wait to shoot the new gun.

Have a good one.

pointman- if you're up my way and need some VV110 let me know- I have a couple extra I can sell.....Rick

Back