Decisions decisions......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey thanks for the link. I sent him an e-mail regarding the White rifles. I'm not too familiar with the White, but they look interesting.

Hmm, lots of good input here. Now I am totally confused on one issue. How am I supposed to know which models of which brands will shoot full bore bullets? I have found a couple Knight Disc Extremes at good prices, as well as the Big Horn. Would these be better suited to the all lead bullets? I really like the Knight rifles. They seem to fit me great from an open sight perspective. What should I look for in a lead bullet rifle?
well then i would certainly go with the knight extreme if you find one in your price range shoots conicals very well great customer service, proven well built rifle. hope this confuses you more :lol:

Best conical shooter you'll ever pull the tigger on....

Not much experience with muzzleloaders but the accuracy on my old 91 shooting superslugs was out of this world.

Whites are nice vintage guns. I hope the company makes a come back one day.

Well the e-mail came back undeliverable. I will have to try again. I am starting to get the feeling I should have bought the Disc Extreme I found over the weekend. It was the stainless/camo synthetic for $299.00 new. Please don't tell me I made the biggest mistake of the year in the first week.

No harm meant at all. I'd like to get one for my collection of vintage inlines.

Colorado does require only full bore conicals (no sabots). However, they do not have to be all lead. Lots of people shoot copper covered powerbelts and I shoot the Hornady FPB, also copper covered and a lead alloy inside.

I was lucky and got one of those Remington Genesis ML on sale from Cabelas in December.

Buckmaster version with the SS bbl normally $299 on sale for $160.

$150 order to Cabelas gave you $30 off, made it $130.

Add the Remington $35 rebate made it $95.

I travel for work on my Cabelas VISA card and had enough Cabelas points (dollars) to get it for free.

Merry Christmas!

Anyways, enough bragging on the deal I got, let's get back to this post.

My Genesis likes 100 grains of Blackhorn 209 behind a Buffalo Bullet 385 grain hollow base in either hollow point or solid point. I use the HP for deer and the SP for bigger critters like bear and elk. I lite this off with a Federal 209 primer.

First day I got the Genesis I mounted a scope and headed out to the back yard to shoot it. A few shots got it close at 25 yards. Target at 50 yards to dial it in better then put a target up at 100. Here's the next 3 shots, I think it shoots conicals just fine with it's 1:28 twist.

Genesistarget.jpg

By the way, I'm kind of new here and have been looking around. Lots of good info and a nice croud. Thanks for letting me in here. :)

Dang! That's some fine shooting there Carl. I keep hearing good things about these Remingtons. Looks like you got a winner there.

Nice shooting! Is the company that made the Buffalo Bullets still in business?

Swampman said:
Is the company that made the Buffalo Bullets still in business?

Don't know really, I think I bought them at Cabelas.

I like the Great Plains bullet even a little better. Same 385 grain weight, but it has a somewhat thinner skirt on the hollow base which I think works even better than the BB.

I was thinking the 385 grain hollow base was a conical.

Oops, I see they have the 385 conical too. Those look like great bullets, and the price is very good.

I have an old box of 245 grain Buffalo Ball-ets I want to do some testing with.

Latest posts

Back