Custom Rifles.........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painless

Reaction score
Anybody else as crazy as I am about custom rifles? Here are a few of mine..........Blake

Here is my custom 300wsm
Rem 700 blue-printed
Rifle Basix trigger
Sako extractor
Hart #4 fluted
Mcmillan Sako Hunter stock
Talley LWT's
Leupy 3.5x10x40
Weighs 7.5 pounds all up

IMG_0040.jpg

This one is my custom 25/284
Rem 700 blue-printed
factory trigger worked over
Pac-Nor #3
Mcmillan MTN Hunter stock
Talley LWTs'
Leupy 3.5x10x40 with M1 turrets

IMG_0049.jpg

This one is my 22/250 ( soon to be punched AI)
Factory VLS
Mcmillan Rem Hunter stock
HS DBM bottom metal

PICT0018.jpg

This is my newest toy
Light weight 7wsm
Pac nor #3
Lone wolf stock for now, MCM is on the way
blue printed 700

7wsm.jpg

I have a few more, but don't have any pics. As soon as I get them all back from the smith I will line them up and do a complete run-down..........Blake

i cant afford to be interested in custom rifles right now, but give me some time 8) . nice rifles youve got there

I have just a few.... a .338 Win Mag and a 6PPC by Mickey Coleman, a 6BR by Mike Bryant, and a 22-250 AI by Kevin Rayhill.

GREAT looking rigs BTW!

Very nice!

I am fast becoming a huge fan of the 700 action. Very nice collection! I would love to own a few of those!

Super nice rigs...all of them. I realy like the camo stock. Just curious on the 7MM Wizzem, is the J-lock coming off???

Choc-dog

J-LOCK has already been removed. I had a Coleman built 7/08 on a TI 700 action, it would not shoot the 120gr TSX's so I yanked the barrel and it is now going to be a 7/08AI.......Blake

You have one custom you wont go back to a factory gun

1. HS Precision 300 WSM PHR Which I am trying to sell right now
Muzzle break Leupold LR 4.5x14x50 in Talley rings and bases

2. My Favorite CHristensen Arms Custom 300 RUM
Has titanium action, jewell trigger, HS mag box assembly, ti muzzle break talley rings and bases and a Zeiss conquest 4.5x14x50
My all around go to gun

3. Built by Straight shot gunsmithing A custom 375 H&H
WInchester 70 CRF Stainless action lightened
Broughton 22 in fluted stainless BBL W/ font BBL band and sight
HS precision stock
Talley QD rings and bases with pop up peep sight
Leupold LPS 1.5x6x42 scope.
My alaska gun :lol: :lol:

custom rifles

I agree with laker that once you have a custom rifle built it is difficult to go back to a "stock" rifle. I've had custom rifles built over the past 25 years and have learned a lot of lessons. I now stay away from Remington or any factory actions because there are custom actions with much closer tolerances that are cost comparable when adding in all the added expense to "blueprint" the factory action. Most custom smiths will love this and give you a small price break on the project when you go with the custom action. Stay away from proprietary or wildcat cartridges unless you are never going to sell the rifle.

I have to disagree, I have had customs built on several actions and none of them can hold a candle to a rem 700. True custom actions are great and I am not knocking them, but they are far from the grail. Most every gunsmith in every state will have parts for a 700, in my book that is indespinsible when out hunting. My smith ( who is very well respected) told me there is no way he would use a custom action over a 700 for a hunting rifle........Blake

custom rifles

painless, check out these custom clones if you are a fan of the Rem 700. Borden Timberline/Alpine, Stiller Predator, Lawton 7000, and Pierce Engineering.

have looked at them all, none show me any advantages over a trued 700. I can buy a donor 700 for 300.00 bucks and have my smith completely blueprint it for 150.00 dollars. No sense in paying 650.00 and up when I can get the same thing for less. Now on a different note, were I building a straight tactical rig I would be looking very hard at Sturgeon action. For hunting rigs in my opinion the 700 has no peer.......Blake

Back