colorado hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntwithme

Reaction score
i am planning to try to get an elk tag from colorao. i really like the area around lizard wildernes. can't seem to get one here in n.m. i was told that my omego doesn't shoot the type of bullet that you can use very good. i know you can't use scopes. i was planning to buy a cva acura v2. i think you can use209 powder but what type of bullet can you use?. i am using barnes right now. are shockwaves good? i heard thor's or hornady's.
thanks

Your Omega may shoot them full bore bullet OK, but probably not. You won't know until you try it. If it doesn't shoot them full bore bullet accurately, a simple solution is to cut the QLA off the end of the barrel. After that you just sight it in with the full bore bullet of choice, and go to Colorado. The Omega will shoot plenty straight enough; the hard part will be for you to 'see' an elk to shoot at.

Thor is a full bore bullet, but them others aren't, except for the Hornady FPB. Any conical will work from the Omega, if you have the QLA removed.

I use an Omega here in Colorado. The Thors shoot very well out of my gun! I'm glad I stumbled onto them. I've tried others like power belts and No Excuses. None shot even close to as good as the Thors. Get some and try them before you buy a new gun.

Latest posts

Back