Colorado Elk Success

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I thought I was the first person to shoot this bull but found a few “extras” when processing the meat. Along with the remains of my 460gr NE bullet, we found a lead pellet and 4 steel BBs under the skin! Must’ve been raking some trees in someone’s back yard…View attachment 37840

Hilarious even though illegal. I shot a Minnesta bear several years ago that was aged at 17 years, second oldest ever taken in this state. While processing the fat I found five different sizes of shot lodged in the fat across her backside and rumps.

Awesome is too mild a word to describe that huge bull. Welcome from Maine.

Well, I thought I was the first person to shoot this bull but found a few “extras” when processing the meat. Along with the remains of my 460gr NE bullet, we found a lead pellet and 4 steel BBs under the skin! Must’ve been raking some trees in someone’s back yard…View attachment 37840
Close to town? Looks like someone may have been trying to run him out of their alfalfa.

Back