Knight Revolution Precision 50

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Woiteshek

Reaction score
As I mentioned in the .45 thread, if I'm not able to get my Disc Exteme up and running accurately I am planning on going back to the 50. The rifle from Knight's Custom shop has aroused my curosity. Has any one purchased, or shot this one yet? If so is it the 900 dollar rifle Bass Pro says it is?

If so is it the 900 dollar rifle Bass Pro says it is?

There is no way it COULD be. If you want a Knight rifle the smart thing to do would be to buy a .50 Disc Elite from Randy and leave your troubles behind!

big6x6 said:
If so is it the 900 dollar rifle Bass Pro says it is?

There is no way it COULD be. If you want a Knight rifle the smart thing to do would be to buy a .50 Disc Elite from Randy and leave your troubles behind!

AMEN!!! :)

Or, just as good-- don't get one from me, get one from anywhere while you can.

The Knight Disc Elite .50 looks most inlines look bad; it is one of those guns that when they are all gone (actually, they should be-- it was a fluke that made more available) you will really wish you had one, and you can try to find one news.

It easily outshoots an Omega, Encore, most inlines I've ever shot. And, it does it with a synthetic stock that makes Thompson synthetic stocks look sad, and their factory triggers even more sorry. Not just Thompson stocks-- but most factory synthetic stocks.

Not only is it accurate, but it is accurate with a forgivingly wide variety of loads. My Encore is a good shooter, a very shooter-- but, it is twitchty when it comes to bullets and sabots.

A 26" Knight also has more useable barrel length than most QLA / false muzzled frontloaders. Same powder charge, more velocity.

The only thing bad about it is just when they got it right, they quit making it. :d'oh!: Nevertheless, parts are unlikely to ever be a problem-- same breechplug as Extremes / Revolution, same bolt as an Extreme, etc.

I was browsing the rest of the site. Dare I say it, the Savage got rave reviews, smokeless isn't an option for me, but is it better than the Elite?

Lee,

If I could only have ONE BP-sub gun it would be the DISC ELITE, it is a great gun. A very respectable 200 yd gun.

The Savage is superior in many ways. But for black powder and subs, I would opt for something different. Shorter usable barrel on a Savage will slow things down and tough cleanup would keep me away from the 10ML if smokeless was no-joy in my state.

Hurry up and buy one from RW before they are all gone!

I'm due to go out in a couple of days and play with the Disc Extreme again. Let me see if I can find the right combination of bullet, powder and primer one last time. Thanks all for your advice, and I will let you know how well I did or didn't do.

Doohan said:
Lee,

If I could only have ONE BP-sub gun it would be the DISC ELITE, it is a great gun. A very respectable 200 yd gun.

The Savage is superior in many ways. But for black powder and subs, I would opt for something different.

For a Black Powder gun the Disc Elite would be my choice as well.

Latest posts

Back