CAL. is too small of a ball to load.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here I am with my finished H&A Minuteman .36 cal flintlock. 1975 (ok have fun with the tie and decor)View attachment 1181

WOW! That rifle looks super; great job. It looks very much like my old Minuteman. I do miss my old one. They were about the very best one could get in those days without going to a custom builder.

Mine is not a minuteman. It's a shorter cheaper version of the minuteman. No patch box, two piece stock and the barrel is shorter at 34" instead of 39" . It is listed in the back of "Black Powder Gun Digest 3rd ed." as a Model 7000 Short Rifle. It's the one not painted black. DSCF3221.JPG

Last edited:
I did these in late 60's, Texsam, flint was a "gain twist" and used .440 ball with pillow ticking. Your tie does date you! HA

Longrifles with barrels 38" and longer (42" - 46") look like I think a longrifle should look. All mine are 38" with the exception of my favorite; a 36" late Lancaster .45 flintlock. That little rifle handles so sweet and has taken so many deer that it remains favorite. The only rival is my .50 X 38" X "B" wgt barrel early Lancaster/York/youth rifle hybrid. Beautiful wood, feather light and accurate. My flint Minuteman was nose heavy and very well made for a factory rifle; but it was USA built.

Latest posts

Back