Accura V2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Accura V2 coming out soon!! Quick release Breech plug and some recoil burners in the stock. The QR BP will be really cool to see, Its going to be like the Apex.

Sounds like that will be a sweet rifle. That QR BP is the only thing I wish my curent Accura had

omegasmoke said:
Sounds like a T/C.

No, Its better than a TC!

I dont really have a need for the QR BP but it looks like a cool set up.

i have an Apex .50ca./.270 combo coming in mid jan so it will be cool to see how that plug works.

frontier gander said:
omegasmoke said:
Sounds like a T/C.

No, Its better than a TC!

I understand where your coming from FG. Everything you own or use is the best, PERIOD. I'm sure you felt the same way when you bought that Ford Pinto years ago. The product has'nt even been released yet and your already claiming it's better than T/C.

you and others seem to think like me also. only your favorite brand is different.

The Accura as it is an an awesome rifle. The new BP makes it even more awesome.

Got to use what fits your body size and state requirements! Thats why ive always went with cva, since i was 14 years old matter of fact.

Pinto was before my time. But they are pretty awesome with a blown 460 bigblock in them!

Low priced copy of the Endeavor? Or is it the Bone Collector they copied.

well if you want to go by price, you can buy an Apex for about the cost of a bone collector.

endeavor high priced H&R Copy?

didnt see anything, was told directly by ceo Dudley McGarity about the new rifle coming out.[/quote]

so i take it your a compensated endorser

frontier gander said:
was putting my order in for the apex/.45 accura very nice fellow!

So when you called to put in an order they patched you thru to the CEO?
He doesn't have anything better to do than take phone orders?They must run there outfit out of a garage.

HONEY!! WOULD YA ANSWER THAT DANGED PHONE, I'M WATCHIN OPRAH!!

actually i left a phone message, he called me back. They wont have the barrel in until middle of this month sometime :cry: + i have to send a copy of an FFL. I hate dealing with ffl holders, they think that piece of paper is gold

maybe he is the kind of CEO that doesn't think hes to good to work and doesn't mind helping out around the place.
To bad our government officials didn't think more like that. :roll: :roll:

frontier gander said:
Accura V2 coming out soon!! Quick release Breech plug and some recoil burners in the stock. The QR BP will be really cool to see, Its going to be like the Apex.

Why is the 'quick release' breech plug better? Why do i want recoil burners in my stock?

Rifle season ended again here, so i removed the scope, and set out to install a new peep sight on my Accura, but couldn't get it to shoot high enough, so i gave up. I figured i needed to use a peep sight since i have old eyes that can't focus on close objects. Instead, i installed the factory sights back onto the Accura, and gave it a go this afternoon. Now it is ready for continuing on with the muzzle loader season here.

Here is a target shot at 99 yard with the Accura, with the factory iron sights, using 105g BH209, Harvester Sabot, W209 primer, and 300g 44 caliber xtp. The barrel hasn't been cleaned since the first rifle season started on October 3, 2009, but i did ream out the breech plug a couple of times. I reamed the breach plug this afternoon before i left home, without removing it from the rifle with a 7/16" drill in a cordless drill motor.

44xtpaccuratarget.jpg

The last 3 shots today were the ones backed by green. They are a little high, but a fella say i can hunt his place for whitetail doe, and they have become some wild by now, and may require some 'long' shooting.

After shooting this target i am not going to worry about mounting the peep sight, nor do i see the need for an 'improved' Accura. In reality, i imagine i will never again shoot a group like this one; can't expect to be this lucky again.

I guess i will put the scope on the new inexpensive Triumph that Cabela sold to me on sale recently, and see how it shoots. One thing i know ahead of time is the Triumph will not shoot any better than the Accura. This is kinda sad, cuz, i think the Triumph would be a little more reliable.

Latest posts

Back