Accura V2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont see what the hostility is about. tc already came out with their new model muzzleloader. even though traditions offered the same thing for a couple years now.

frontier gander said:
dont see what the hostility is about. tc already came out with their new model muzzleloader. even though traditions offered the same thing for a couple years now.

what is it?

frontier gander said:

No hostility intended. Just would like to know why the quick release breech plug is more better.

frontier gander said:
Accura V2 coming out soon!! Quick release Breech plug and some recoil burners in the stock. The QR BP will be really cool to see, Its going to be like the Apex.
Could that be why Cabelas is moveing Accuras out the door for $289.00?

quigley said:
frontier gander said:
Accura V2 coming out soon!! Quick release Breech plug and some recoil burners in the stock. The QR BP will be really cool to see, Its going to be like the Apex.
Could that be why Cabelas is moveing Accuras out the door for $289.00?

Most likely. i just found out about the rifle this morning.

Quigley, Honestly, im fine with the current breech plug but there are those who like the ease of the QR plugs, especially if you're shooting the crud ring powder like T7, it makes it a lot easier on the shooter. The biggest factor for me though, is if it works like the Apex plug, that means Zero to very little blowby with an assortment of powders., including the dirty Pyrodex stuff. Less tools to take with you while hunting too. I think it would just require a screw driver to remove the stock and thats basically it.

But no more arguing, i believe the product once it hits the hands of buyers will speak for itself.

And honestly, i bit my tongue when i heard about the recoil burners.

Great... I was really drooling over that SS camo Accura at Cabelas for $329.00. I think I will wait and see if your right about the V2. I really like the Speedbreech XT on my Triumph. One thing is for sure when the new Accura comes out it wont be close to $329.00.

Very interesting... Yeah they are trying to clean out the wolfs and Accuras at cabelas.

That must have at least some to do with the sales I mean I got mine after rebate for 190$ and it came with a sling and case.

So how much is this new accura gonna cost? Are they gonna take center fire barrels?

I haven't even gotten my first accura yet and I'm already excited about the second.... :shock:

:D :D :D

I assume as well that they are going to kind of use the Accura to replace/be the new optima chain?

Accura-Acurra v2-?

optima-optima pro-optima elite-optima elite compact...

Fisherman94 said:
Very interesting... Yeah they are trying to clean out the wolfs and Accuras at cabelas.

That must have at least some to do with the sales I mean I got mine after rebate for 190$ and it came with a sling and case.

So how much is this new accura gonna cost? Are they gonna take center fire barrels?

I haven't even gotten my first accura yet and I'm already excited about the second.... :shock:

:D :D :D

Im not sure of the cost on them yet. They certainly wont take the centerfire barrel though, they have the apex for that.

What would be nice is a scaled down accura * aka wolf size* for a nice brush gun.

Fisherman94 said:
I assume as well that they are going to kind of use the Accura to replace/be the new optima chain?

Accura-Acurra v2-?

optima-optima pro-optima elite-optima elite compact...

Its just an updated version. encore-pro hunter - triump- bone collector. Rather than do a total redesign, just update things that could use fixing up.

*likely a stupid ?* This new breech plug isn't gonna change the fact that it comes standard with a bergara right.

(Like I said just wanted to be sure)

:lol: it will still come with the bergara barrel. Thats pretty much their main work horse now.

wow, I guess the only thing cva won't have after this will be a ML that safely takes smokeless powder

What would be nice is a scaled down accura * aka wolf size* for a nice brush gun.

Now that i would like to see even in a 54cal. A 22-24" barrel brush gun would be sweet. 50/54 sabot shooter. :twisted:

:D :) 8)

Seems like this "which one is better or mine is better then yours" could go on forever. I think the best one is the one the person is buying if they are happy with it. I for one don't think that because the item cost more then the other makes it better because it doesn't :!: :!: Sometimes people are taken in by price and brand name rather then the item itself. Costs more or brand name can be costly when the same quality under a different name is just as good or maybe better. I tried TC, Traditions and KNIGHT RIFLES and I can say is that I didn't like them for one reason or another. I also feel I can say that CVA makes a ML second to none :!: :!: :!: Can't beat it's craftsmenship, quality and performence :!: :!: That's why I say it's better :!: :!:
Point of interest......BERGARA MAKES THE 30-06, 270, 243, 22-250 AND THE 300 WIN.BARRELS FOR T/C :!: :!: :!: (Haven't heard of any of those blowing up lately) :!: Have you :?: :?: :?:

If it is patterned after the Apex breech plug, it won't be a speed breech plug... it will be a hand-removable breech plug. Meaning only that it takes no tools to remove it. I honestly don't see it as a big plus in that regard, but the plug design also eliminates a lot of blowback as well as being very easily turned out even after many shots with powders known to stick plugs.

Neither stuck plugs nor the use of a tool has caused me any issues in using the current Accura plug - and it does a great job of reducing blowback once you find the right primer to use.

My concern is simple - the cost of replacement plugs will be much higher with the tool-free plugs. The prospect of using vent liners might become quite attractive.

I don't think I would hesitate to buy the current version of the Accura at Cabela's prices due to this bit of news.

The recoil-reducing stock is also a nice but not needed "improvement". Both features will sell rifles though their real benefit is questionable at best. I would rather they had simply redesigned the butt stock to be more aesthetically pleasing.

Underclocked said:
If it is patterned after the Apex breech plug, it won't be a speed breech plug... it will be a hand-removable breech plug. Meaning only that it takes no tools to remove it. I honestly don't see it as a big plus in that regard, but the plug design also eliminates a lot of blowback as well as being very easily turned out even after many shots with powders known to stick plugs.

Neither stuck plugs nor the use of a tool has caused me any issues in using the current Accura plug - and it does a great job of reducing blowback once you find the right primer to use.

My concern is simple - the cost of replacement plugs will be much higher with the tool-free plugs. The prospect of using vent liners might become quite attractive.

I don't think I would hesitate to buy the current version of the Accura at Cabela's prices due to this bit of news.

The recoil-reducing stock is also a nice but not needed "improvement". Both features will sell rifles though their real benefit is questionable at best. I would rather they had simply redesigned the butt stock to be more aesthetically pleasing.
True... That butt stock on the Accura looks like a stick of stovewood.

I like the look and design of the Accura stock (non T hole) I looks like it would put my eye up where it needs to be for me without the use of a cheek piece and has a deep pistol grip for my big hands.
I think I may hold out for an Apex but the price of the accura is sweet

I see the new line of Wolf and Optima models at Cabelas website. They look very good to me, and I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket...Really like the new Optima thumbhole. Just wish they made the new wolf in SS, as I like a shorter gun where I hunt.

Back