Bulk .223 ammo

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
I am looking to buy aprox 5000 rds .223 55 gr fmj for use with a youth shooting program. In the past I have used WW "Q" loads, IMI, and Rem UMC. After doing a search I did not find any good deals at the usual sources. Anybody know where a good deal is? Thanks Rman

Tried these folks?

MacTec Enterprises
PO Box 1145
Jenkins, KY 41537

Tel. (606) 832-4029

I've bought at LOT(thousands) of .223 and 9mm ammo from Cascade Ammo. Everything I've gotten from them feeds great and it looks great..

Cascade Ammo

Thanks for all the response fellas I will see what I can come up with, Rman

At Cascade they have this reman. ammo by Dallas :http://www.cascade-ammo.com/catalog.php?type=product&id=44626

Anybody ever shoot any of this? I am interested in comments in regards to muzzle velocity, reliability, functioning in Semi- auto and accuracy. Thanks Rman

That place I linked has the Lake City green tip stuff for about the same price in quantities of 2000.

ps: the only place I ever bought bulk .223 from was Black Hills.

Rifleman said:
At Cascade they have this reman. ammo by Dallas :http://www.cascade-ammo.com/catalog.php?type=product&id=44626

Anybody ever shoot any of this? I am interested in comments in regards to muzzle velocity, reliability, functioning in Semi- auto and accuracy. Thanks Rman

I bet I have some of it. I've never had a single issue with any of their stuff.. Why don't you give them a call....

Chuck I might but I have my reservations. First the majority of this will be fired through Ar's by junior shooters. I have seen enough Ka-booms with Ar's with handloads that it makes me a little nervous. Personally I have loaded 1000's of 223 and shot thru Ar's with nary a hick-up. But when you consider the operating pressures of the .223 and couple that with an aluminum receivered gas-gun there is not much room for error. I know that the Win USA, Fed AE, Rem UMC, and IMI are all made on machinery that checks each and every charge and allthough there is always a risk with any ammo, it is much lower with the factory stuff. I just would rather pay a little more for factory then risk one of the little guys getting hurt with Re-man stuff.If it was just me shooting it I would buy it and not worry, but when you are dealing with the little guys , well you know how it is.
I did see that KYimports has some win Q loads for 189 a K, but that might be an old price. I plan on getting on the phone Wen or Thur and get this all sorted out. To bad it is not like the old days when you could buy USGI surplus for 13 cents a round..

**Manufacturer FEDERAL AMMUNITION
**Man. Number AE223
** FED AMER EAG 223REM 55GR FMJBT
** FEDERAL AE223 223 REM 5.56MM 55 GRAIN FULL METAL JACKET **BOAT TAIL AMERICAN EAGLE CENTERFIRE RIFLE AMMO 20 RNDS PER **BOX 25 BXS PER CASE
**Quantity Price $3.67 @ 25

Where you located in Indiana , Rman ? This seem like a pretty good price
on this?

Vince

I live on the far west side about mid state. Where did you get that price on the 55gr Federal?
Also I was doing some reading last night on AR15.com under the .223 ammo thread, and found out some very interesting things about .223 ammo, very detailed.

Rifleman said:
I live on the far west side about mid state. Where did you get that price on the 55gr Federal?
Also I was doing some reading last night on AR15.com under the .223 ammo thread, and found out some very interesting things about .223 ammo, very detailed.

Outdoor Sports Headquarters in Ohio, close to Dayton. (Jerry's Sport Center )
I was going to be driving up there next week to pick up an order. If you were not too far from me, (s.w. Ohio) I could save you the shipping. Sounds like you are quite a few hours from here.
Their number is 800-444-6744 if you know an FFL. They show it to be in stock. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Vince

Thanks that is a very kind offer, but I think we are too far away.

Looks like I am going with this at Natchez :223 62GR GREEN TIP 1000/BOX

Product Number: FAXM855PD
Product Title: 223 62GR GREEN TIP 1000/BOX
Item Price: $199.00 $179.95
Availability: In Stock
Shipping Weight: 31.29 lbs.

62 gr. steel core
Packed Bulk 1000/box
2 boxes/case

http://www.natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?conte ... N=31303263

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also for you 308 shooters I saw that Natchez had this stuff on sale if you are looking for some cheap blasting ammo.

S.AFRICA BRASS 147GR 308 BERDAN

Product Number: TGUA01001
Product Title: S.AFRICA BRASS 147GR 308 140PAK
Item Price: $36.17 $26.86
Availability: In Stock
Shipping Weight: 8.78 lbs.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?co ... =TGUA01001

Latest posts

Back