Bucket list hunt, whats yours?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idahoron

Reaction score
Aoudad is a bucket list hunt for me. Over the years I have taken many trophy animals in Idaho. I would like a moose, and a bighorn. But the Aoudad is at the top of that list.
I would use my 45 Hot Rod Hawken with my RCBS 11MM rifle bullet.

Mine would be a tracking safari for Lord Derby Eland, but it is just that a dream! Sheep and moose are up there too but not likely in my price range. Only way I see it happening is if I hunt an aoudad or mouflon as sheep and a European moose hunt. I seriously considere aoudad but my brother has no interest in them.

Realistically, a 6x6 elk, a nice mule deer and a good black bear. Preferably all with a round ball flintlock muzzleloader. But i could use a caplock and conical.

Of those a big muley is at the top, I really love them!

Locally, a big hog deer stag with the flintlock would be incredible. It would also quite possibly be the only one ever taken in Australia with a flintlock too.

Aoudad is a bucket list hunt for me. Over the years I have taken many trophy animals in Idaho. I would like a moose, and a bighorn. But the Aoudad is at the top of that list.
I would use my 45 Hot Rod Hawken with my RCBS 11MM rifle bullet.
You should be able to find an aoudad hunt relatively easy and probably not real expensive here in TX. There’s a guy on 24hr Campfire that has them for sale every once in a while.

I’ve got a big bucket!

I’d love to hunt an Aoudad. Been planning to do it for some time - OTC in NM. Ibex would be awesome as well but it’s tough to draw a tag in NM.

I’ve been very blessed to date and would really like to finish the North American Super Slam with a muzzy. Hoping to get back to Africa in a year or two to take more plains game and a Cape buffalo with my muzzy as well.

Mountain goat. Saw my first one when I was a kid, the year Mt St Helens blew, and was mesmerized. I remember because on the same backpack trip, I saw the haze in the air to the west. I've seen them many times since, while hunting deer or elk, and have never been able to draw a tag. There's just something about such a unique animal living at the top of the world, thriving where nothing else can.

I’d like to hunt elk but it’ll probably never happen. Javelina seem like they’d be fun and I have a daughter in AZ but every time I start trying to figure out the application process I lose interest.
At one time I really wanted to kill a moose but I’ve had the opportunity to tag along on a couple hunts when my daughters got drawn so I don’t care about that so much anymore.

I’ve got a big bucket!

I’d love to hunt an Aoudad. Been planning to do it for some time - OTC in NM. Ibex would be awesome as well but it’s tough to draw a tag in NM.

I’ve been very blessed to date and would really like to finish the North American Super Slam with a muzzy. Hoping to get back to Africa in a year or two to take more plains game and a Cape buffalo with my muzzy as well.
As much as I never really want to ever go to Africa, I would love to hunt lion & cape buffalo with a muzzleloader. I think it takes a set of purdy big brass clankers to do either, but with a muzzleloader, ya gotta be a lil bit crazy too. I would also really love to take an Alaskan moose & a grizzly with a muzzleloader too. If you're an adrenaline junkie as well as a muzzleloader lover like I am, ya can't beat the pucker factor from hunting either of those 4 big nasty critters.

I always wanted to try for moose but after 15 years of applying for a Maine moose tag I finally gave up.
Since moving here to Oklahoma, I have been putting in for the Elk draw hunt. Maybe I'll have a chance.
At 15 years your bonus points should be ready to go up by 10 points per year, keep on trying. My son and I are at about the same amount of years . That is the hunt at the top of the bucket for many years. Doves in Argentina was there also but luckily I was able to do that. Would love to go again.

As much as I never really want to ever go to Africa, I would love to hunt lion & cape buffalo with a muzzleloader. I think it takes a set of purdy big brass clankers to do either, but with a muzzleloader, ya gotta be a lil bit crazy too. I would also really love to take an Alaskan moose & a grizzly with a muzzleloader too. If you're an adrenaline junkie as well as a muzzleloader lover like I am, ya can't beat the pucker factor from hunting either of those 4 big nasty critters.
I have a nephew and his wife living in Alaska and I've hinted at being invited up to hunt moose. I'm up in years and my lungs wouldn't let me hunt those critters anyway but we'll still visit and go on a visual hunt with the camera. We were hoping for this summer, but Ma's sister and hubby [nephew's mom and pop] are going for three weeks and our ideas were right in the middle of that time frame. Maybe next summer.

We get moose in our cabin yard, and they are really fascinating animals to have visit.

I think you're right on with the brass clankers regarding lion and cape buffs though.

Back