Brother in law's new Traditions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olehunter1

Reaction score
Brother in law's new Traditions

My brother in law and sister is the reason I got into ML ,They have 2 of the Hawkins ML
50 cal round ball shooter's ,He was showing me the stats for hunting a certain draw unit ,,ML only ,, got me thinking the ranch I hunt is in that unit ,, A quick call to my friend at the ranch ,,were in ML only elk meat tag ,,
 So I buy this new CVA Accura v2 ,,he loves it as he finds out about the new style breech plug ,,easy cleaning,, He ask's me to find him one ,,But for a deal , This is what I found ,,

https://www.traditionsfirearms.com/product/vortek-ultralight-northwest-magnum-.50-caliber-reaper-buck-camo-cerakote-black-powder-muzzleloader

He bought it last nite ,,,

Re: Brother in law's new Traditions

shouldnt be that bad of a rifle. They are dirty in the action due to that musket cap, but they are accurate. Very light rifle so recoil can be a little rough with heavy loads but it just takes practice to get used to it. On this model rifle, its best accuracy comes when its held tightly into the shoulder.

I didn't stop with the Traditions .I found another ML for my sister & husband today ,,Its a 2014  CVA ACCURA V2 Nitride NW edition  Thumbhole been shot 21 times and carried one season elk hunt Washington state ,Guy bought last September plus it has a real nice peep site ,,425,00 ,, link to peep

</a>
<a href="http://www.eabco.net/PeepRib-Peep-Sights-for-CVA-Optima-Kodiak-Wolf-and-Accura_p_13910.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.eabco.net/PeepRib-Peep-Sights-for-CVA-Optima-Kodiak-Wolf-and-Accura_p_13910.html

The new Traditions Vortek ultralight NW mag showed up today ,So I drove out a took some pics ,,They were impressed on how light the gun is ,but was kinda expecting the CVA style breech plug ,,Us dang newbies learning the hard way,, Sis claimed possession of it ,,Memorial day the CVA Accura V2 nitride will be here ,,another trip to Sis house get more pics . Gonna call my friend at the Ranch and get them up there with me ,, Should be a good season ,,
IMG_20150514_164319941_zpsvzkpmptj.jpg

IMG_20150514_164724071_zpsxzgso8es.jpg

IMG_20150514_164522156_zps7r7qqzbq.jpg

:Red tup:
Nice rifle and I hope you all tag out this season.........

Ray............. :shooter:

hawgslayer said:
:Red tup:
Nice rifle and I hope you all tag out this season.........

Ray............. :shooter:
Thank you ,,that would be like the old days when we were 20 years younger ,Fill all our tags and be looking for extra freezers for the meat ,, Now days if the wife or I get one we are done for the rest of season ,,

Looks like a nice rifle, good luck with it!  You are giving out two Elk steaks to anyone that pays you a nice compliment ....right?  :D

yep it does look like a damn nice rifle. The slight bummer is the non finger removable breech plug, but hell, its not much slower to remove that style anyway.

Smokin' Joe said:
Looks like a nice rifle, good luck with it!  You are giving out two Elk steaks to anyone that pays you a nice compliment ....right?  :D
You ever make it To Oregon your welcome to supper.
 He gets the CVA Accura v2 nw  next weekend ,They have a cabin on the Snake river and family from Portland Ore. bringin his ML with  them  ,,Might get some shooting in after a bunch of cat fishin,,, ,,Robert

The New Used CVA Acurra V2 nitride thumbhole NW showed up It has the PeepRib site ,and looks almost new  ,,The previous owner say 16 shots down the barrel ,In a few days we are going to the range ,,
IMG_20150528_125635670_zpsf6pxrwii.jpg

Muzzle%<a href=
20loader/IMG_20150528_125624948_zpsj01yhf5z.jpg" />

FrontierGander said:
yep it does look like a damn nice rifle. The slight bummer is the non finger removable breech plug, but hell, its not much slower to remove that style anyway.

The 2015 version does have a finger removeable breech plug.

Yes I looked a little closer on Traditions web site and seen the difference ,,The North West legal has a different breech plug ,than the Hand screw in breech plug that the Vortek  uses with a 209 primer ,,

Latest posts

Back