Broke in the X7!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I took my new X7 out this past weekend in WV for the last 2 days of muzzleloader. Ended up shooting a nice doe. :D I was using 100gr BH209 with Lehigh/Bloodline 250's. I gotta say...those bullets are devastating. First deer I have taken with them (Thanks Grouse!) and I'm hooked. It was about 50yd shot in the boiler room, she ran about 30-35yds. I could see where the petals penetrated and exited. Vitals were shredded.
My son shot a doe also using the same bullets out of my .50 disc elite... same deal, she went about the same distance. VERY lethal, as many of you have on here have said for years.

Glad to get some more meat in the freezer and knock the new off my X7! :yeah:

Congrads on the harvest! I was trying out the Lehigh .452 265 CF but I got skunked. Tag soup for me (without the tag). Been years since I got skunked but something weird was happening in our county. Deer were not moving good at all. Even the local butchers were saying take was down.

WV Hunter said:
Well I took my new X7 out this past weekend in WV for the last 2 days of muzzleloader. Ended up shooting a nice doe. :D I was using 100gr BH209 with Lehigh/Bloodline 250's. I gotta say...those bullets are devastating. First deer I have taken with them (Thanks Grouse!) and I'm hooked. It was about 50yd shot in the boiler room, she ran about 30-35yds. I could see where the petals penetrated and exited. Vitals were shredded.
My son shot a doe also using the same bullets out of my .50 disc elite... same deal, she went about the same distance. VERY lethal, as many of you have on here have said for years.

Glad to get some more meat in the freezer and knock the new off my X7! :yeah:

Congrats to you and your son sir. Those Bloodlines are death in a sabot for sure; I appreciate their ability to harvest so quickly and humanely.

ShawnT said:
Congrads on the harvest! I was trying out the Lehigh .452 265 CF but I got skunked. Tag soup for me (without the tag). Been years since I got skunked but something weird was happening in our county. Deer were not moving good at all. Even the local butchers were saying take was down.

We had a bumper crop of acorns this year, and the deer are sticking tight to areas of hardwoods close to water sources. They are not moving much here either, so I had to set up where the borders of their food, bedding, and water sources are pretty much touching. For me, the place I found the most effective was a choke point in a stand of hardwoods smack dab between a pine cutover (bedding) and our creek. The total distance from the creek to the bedding area (with the food in between) was approximately 50 yards.

phenix78_99 said:
ShawnT said:

We had a bumper crop of acorns this year, and the deer are sticking tight to areas of hardwoods close to water sources. They are not moving much here either, so I had to set up where the borders of their food, bedding, and water sources are pretty much touching. For me, the place I found the most effective was a choke point in a stand of hardwoods smack dab between a pine cutover (bedding) and our creek. The total distance from the creek to the bedding area (with the food in between) was approximately 50 yards.
I heard that there was a lot of Acorns in our area too. They seemed to have cleaned out our smaller woods area and was sticking to the paper companies property next to us were they have more oaks and then bed in the pines. That property is leased so can't shoot over there. Stinks as I have hunted that property since I was 13 and now can't go over there. :(

It's a shame they stopped building the X7, congrats .

I could never part with mine

Back