Bloodied My Savage

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here VE I have been a member of cherry ridge since 85 really enjoy shooting up there. Thanx for the input on the powder I guess mail order will have to be. Gonna try and give Davis sport shop a call first in sloatsburg see if they have any. :)

VE are you weighing your powder or using the dippers,and what are you using as a lube on the breechplug and ventliner. :)

I'm weighing my loads with an auto powder measure and scale combo.
Here's what it looks like...

DSC01582.jpg

I'm using a high temp anti seize. The one I have is in a push-up stick form. Kinda like a solid paste. Sometimes I forget and use it as deodorant :lol: I forget the Mil-spec but get one rated for the highest temp possible. I am on my second breech plug, first one had the vent liner seize and since I've been using this stuff I've had no problem.
You should e-mail me the next time you plan on going to the range. I'll meet you there. We can swap notes. This is by far the best place to gather data and tips regarding the Savage ML-II.

Sounds good VE I'll be talking to ya. Enjoy the holidays! Thanx Joe :)

VENISONEATR said:
I'm using a high temp anti seize. The one I have is in a push-up stick form. Kinda like a solid paste. Sometimes I forget and use it as deodorant :lol: I forget the Mil-spec but get one rated for the highest temp possible. I am on my second breech plug, first one had the vent liner seize and since I've been using this stuff I've had no problem.
They have some stuff out called breech plug tape. It's pretty expensive. I use 1/4" teflon plumbers tape on my breech plug. Works the nuts and never had a problem. I was told my a muzzle-loader rep that it is the same stuff.
Frank

Congrats on the buck!
Looks like you have a great young hunter coming along as well!

Latest posts

Back