Blackhorn 209 in a T/C Powder Measure, checked with a scale for accuracy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usmc22

Reaction score
Blackhorn 209 Lot # 03302037

I had a few minutes tonight to try out the RCBS Chargemaster Lite. After letting it warm up for 20 minutes and calibrating with the check weights I used a T/C U-View Powder Measure which I had locked at 100 grains by VOLUME. I used a T/C U-View Powder Flask to pour the Blackhorn 209 into the Powder Measure. Here were my results by weight:

1.) 76.8 grains
2.) 75.8 grains
3.) 77.4 grains
4.) 76.6 grains
5.) 75.7 grains

Average = 76.46 grains which I rounded to 76.5 grains.

Given the small sample size and the scales accuracy is +/- .1 grain it doesn’t really tell me a ton other than I was within .9 grains of the average at worst.

I’m not really sure what the real world effect would be nor do I have a load dialed in for my rifle yet. I’ve considered getting a powder dropper which does so by volume to work a load up “by volume” and check “by weight” as others who have more knowledge then me had proposed.

I’m now wondering if the T/C Powder Measure is close enough for determining a “by volume” that my gun likes and then repeating the above process on future lot #’s to get the weight to enter in the chargemaster lite auto dispenser.

Latest posts

Back