• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Blackhorn 209/Federal 209a primers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking to buy some BH 209 if anyone has extra they don't need. Having trouble finding any at all around me.
also looking for federal 209a primers!
Located in Lenoir,NC
Thanks!

Last edited:
i think primers require a hazmat fee .

we have to take my better halfs cousin to the Dr. across from pinnacle mall in Bristol on thursday at 12:45 PM . i'll be going to best buy and bass pro . i have 4 100 packs of federal 209a primers i paid $10 each for before i found my 777 ML primers that i'll i let you have for the same $10 each that i paid for them if you're interested and can meet me there . cash only please . her appt should last about a 1/2 hour .

OK there has been a change in plans.. I have to take my brother-in-law to the hospital across from pinnacle . If you would like to meet today let me know.. I will message you my phone number if you want to meet

Will not be able to meet today or Thursday unfortunately. If you'd take a money order and ship that could work too. If not that is fine too, really appreciate it!

Well maybe I am a worry wart or a wuss but I am not comfortable shipping something and getting caught for a hazmat fee . I hope you find your primers locally. Take care and good luck dude

Hi - i subscribed just so i could post here -

I searched HIGH and low yesterday for the same thing! I found fed primers on midway (shipped this am). Powder was IMPOSSIBLE, I found the LAST stock in a sportsmans in Chico CA and the manager was kind enough to ship it to a store 1 hour away from me (i messed up buying it 5 hrs away).

Federal Premium Primers #209 Muzzleloading Box of 100

Good luck. I cant say these are the best prices but times are desperate as I want to catch the muzzle season which ends in 3 weeks here.

Fwiw if you shoot a cva - I found a VERY interesting thread regarding fed primers, what i read was you really want the Winchester blue box 209 primers which of course i could NOT find anywhere.

https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/cva-optima-v2-primer-blowback.31448/

I have posted this many time but this website has a scam site checker (free and im not affiliated at all) but I used it to weed out the crook sites!

Just type in whatever URL you are considering shopping from and if it comes up its probably a scam!

GunTab – Firearm scam websites

I searched HIGH and low yesterday for the same thing! I found fed primers on midway (shipped this am). Powder was IMPOSSIBLE, I found the LAST stock in a sportsmans in Chico CA and the manager was kind enough to ship it to a store 1 hour away from me (i messed up buying it 5 hrs away).

Good luck. I cant say these are the best prices but times are desperate as I want to catch the muzzle season which ends in 3 weeks here.

Fwiw if you shoot a cva - I found a VERY interesting thread regarding fed primers, what i read was you really want the Winchester blue box 209 primers which of course i could NOT find anywhere.

CVA Optima V2 primer blowback

I have posted this many time but this website has a scam site checker (free and im not affiliated at all) but I used it to weed out the crook sites!

Just type in whatever URL you are considering shopping from and if it comes up its probably a scam!

I saw those few days back..thanks for all the info. I was wondering if those are the same as the 209a primers

CVA Optima V2 primer blowback

And welcome aboard good group of people here!

Hmmm now im not so sure if i made the right decision - seems there is or isnt a difference between 209 and 209a?

Federal 209 & 209a - Whats The Difference

Can someone chime in?
My guess would be not as hot as the 209a. But depending on your gun will probably be fine, I haven't got any blackhorn yet, I've heard people have good luck with CCI magnums and the 209a with black horn. Heard good luck with the 209 federal ML ones too. Just have to test and see. Are you shooting BH?

My guess would be not as hot as the 209a. But depending on your gun will probably be fine, I haven't got any blackhorn yet, I've heard people have good luck with CCI magnums and the 209a with black horn. Heard good luck with the 209 federal ML ones too. Just have to test and see. Are you shooting BH?
Yes on BH- ok good to know cos my fed 209s shipped today, thanks for the correct info - im new to this and every bit of knowledge helps .. as usual!

Ill keep an eye out for 209a and see if theres a difference, at least i can shoot sth for season b4 it all closes down in 3 weeks-

i think blackhorn needs the hotter 209a type primers .
i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong .

Latest posts

Back