bionic wife

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anonymouscowherd

Reaction score
Wife got her knee replaced yesterday

(doing well thanks)

Really amazing what is being done these days. And I say this as having worked as an aide in the PT department and dealt with 5-10 of them (and hip replacements) per week for 5 years (1990-95)

I hope she does well. FOR GOD'S SAKE, MAKE SURE SHE KEEPS EVERYTHING SANITIZED.

She doesn't need to go through what I went through and am still going through. Stay away from other people until completely healed.

(doing well thanks)

Really amazing what is being done these days. And I say this as having worked as an aide in the PT department and dealt with 5-10 of them (and hip replacements) per week for 5 years (1990-95)
I'm so glad that everything went well & she is doing well afterwards.

Was it a robotic surgery ? I had my left knee replaced five years ago and it was a robot operation can’t recall the name they use. They take all kinds of X-ray measurements and the critical measurements and points are converted to digital info kind of like CNC machinery does. Doctor and nurses are on hand but I never learned the name of the blue robot. It’s pretty amazing alright Ninering. I walked stairs next day and went home. My knee went bad after a previous surgery in the early 70’s when the medico’s thought removing cartilage was smart ??

Rick

Was it a robotic surgery ? I had my left knee replaced five years ago and it was a robot operation can’t recall the name they use. They take all kinds of X-ray measurements and the critical measurements and points are converted to digital info kind of like CNC machinery does. Doctor and nurses are on hand but I never learned the name of the blue robot. It’s pretty amazing alright Ninering. I walked stairs next day and went home. My knee went bad after a previous surgery in the early 70’s when the medico’s thought removing cartilage was smart ??

Rick
That’s pretty awesome.

(doing well thanks)

I had both knees replaced in 2019 . The lower half of the left prosthetic knee came loose and had to have it replaced in 2020. The new lower half has a rod that sticks down into the lower leg bone. Well it has been moving just slightly and causing lots of discomfort. My doctor says I will eventually have to go back under the knife to get a revision fix it again. I'm trying to put that off as long as possible.

I had both knees replaced in 2019 . The lower half of the left prosthetic knee came loose and had to have it replaced in 2020. The new lower half has a rod that sticks down into the lower leg bone. Well it has been moving just slightly and causing lots of discomfort. My doctor says I will eventually have to go back under the knife to get a revision fix it again. I'm trying to put that off as long as possible.

Yeah I was told as a teen I would need them in my 40s

52, lost 100lbs over past few years, holding off until I have to belly crawl into the OR

Yeah I was told as a teen I would need them in my 40s

................ holding off until I have to belly crawl into the OR
THAT is the way I feel about having my second done, which it needs.

A year ago July, I had my right replaced. PERFECTION! Everything was going even better than planned. I was 5.5wks into PT and they were going to cut me loose.
Long story shortened, after 5.5wks I ended up with a bacterial infection, that not a single person or doctor can explain how I got it. The wife took my temperature and it registered 105°!! Instantly she had me into ER. I was immediately admitted and still had a temp of 104.6°. Early the next morning I had to have surgery to replace all the plastics in the replacement. They flushed my knee with three different antibiotics, then reinstalled new plastic. Six days later they released me, however I spent the next 6wks at home, 24/7 with a PICC line and being flooded with antibiotics. From the IV's to 1500mg of amoxicillin three times a day. I'm told most likely until my last day. I totally understand.

Also, I now have two women controlling my life. :) 1st the wife. 2nd, an Infectious Disease Expert from the University of Michigan.

THAT is the way I feel about having my second done, which it needs.

I still remember Mr Miller. Came in, had his knee done, old guy (late 70s) but fit. He said that what we put him thru in that first week post op was worse than what the germans did when he was captured after having to bail out of a plane in WW2.

I also remember he came back about 9 months later for the other side, with a smile on his face.

Also remember a few crazy people that had both knees done at once.....

I still remember Mr Miller. Came in, had his knee done, old guy (late 70s) but fit. He said that what we put him thru in that first week post op was worse than what the germans did when he was captured after having to bail out of a plane in WW2.

I also remember he came back about 9 months later for the other side, with a smile on his face.

Also remember a few crazy people that had both knees done at once.....
I had my right knee done in January of 2019 and then my left knee done a month later in February . Then in September I had my 3rd back fusion surgery. 2000 I had L5 fused to L4 , 2015 I had L4 fused to L3 , then in September of 2019 I had L3 fused to L2.

Hope the wife has a speedy recovery. I had my left knee done in 2020 and the right in 2021. It's like a miracle. Turned the clock back 30 years. No more pain or limping. Funny, the left knee took 2 months to recover and the right took 5 months. I'll be 75 next week.

Last edited:
Wishing her a speedy recovery. My wife got a shoulder replacement about a month ago and therapy will begin soon. This is a long and painful road .

My wife had her first knee replaced in 2019, and she didn’t have any “problems“ but was still a pretty big deal. Her second knee was done in 2021 during covid as an outpatient procedure, and she did exponentially better with that one.
My knees and back are in horrible shape, but I’m going to just live with them until I can’t stand it anymore.
I actually haven’t been to a doctor of any kind since 2003 and am afraid at this point what I might find out. My philosophy is that if I’m going to die this afternoon I want to be just as surprised as everyone else.

Latest posts

Back