Big game draw.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Our big game draw opened at the beginning of the month and it closes tomorrow. I applied for mule deer and antlerless mule deer in the wildlife management zone were I hunt. The antlerless is a givin and will get my 2 tags. The mule deer (buck tag) should go. I'm in the A pool this year and the first tags go to applicants in the super A, but they're allowing more tags (300) this year, so there's a good chance I'll get it. The new 300WSM will by the weapon of choice this year. Here's hopping 8) .

Just curious, why not BP? Good luck on your draw. I put in for Muzzleloader Moose season on the army base up here, couple of cow moose tags and a bison Tag.

Our draw hunts dont accrue points or anything, its strickly luck of the draw. Ive never won in the 10 or so seasons Ive applied for. One of my freinds wins about every year, and his dad too. I wish we had a point system. I figure Ive spent about 200 bucks in drawing fees with no hunt to show for it.

If drawn we get the licence and tags. We can hunt archery in Sept., Muzzleloader in October and then centerfire in November. We're not drawn for a specific weapon.

The draw results are in and I was drawn for antlerless(expected) and mule deer which means I have a buck tag. The new 300 WSM will be what I'll use. Needs to be blooded :wink:

Actually the season starts on Sept 1 but that's for archery. Then Oct 1 the muzzle loading season starts. Rifle season is a 2 week affair and that's in the first part of November. I'll have a total of 4 tags. Mulie buck, 2 mulie does and a white tail tag. I things are like they were the past 2 seasons, more mulie doe tag will be available over the counter because there will be more tags available then there were applicants for the draw.
My plans are to use my bow for one doe, my Savage for another and maybe a white tail buck and then the 300 for the mulie buck. Those are my plans but you know what they say about the best laid plans of men and mice :wink:

Back