Cayuga's Back Yard?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rks1949

Reaction score
Dave,does this look like your back yard? :D
TooManyDeer.jpg

Except for all the corn piles, the house, shed, and trees it kinda looks my my father in laws front yard. :lol: When the deer come out you can sometimes see 2 or 3 hundred does in his field (in front of the house). I told him we need to get the 50 BMG legal for deer hunting then he can hunt from his front porch. :shock:

Holy smokes :shock: . That's more deer than I get in my yard at my cabin at feeding time.

I only wish that was what my yard looked like. I have the deer and bear so scared around here, I walk by a window and they high tail it back into the thickets.. I shoot too much out on my personal range for a picture like that to ever happen.

I saw that picture about two years ago and was amazed a person would get that many deer into a yard like that. Besides the price of corn to feed all of them, they can get to be a real PITA.

toytruck said:
Dave,
You would think with all the shootin you do they would be used to it by now!! :lol:

actually they kind of are. Small animals like squirrels and rabbits cross the target range all the time. The big problem here is wolves, and just plain too many tags in the past that shot off the doe herd. Now there just are not the deer anymore in my area. After all I hunted hard all the seasons and saw one deer. That almost makes me want to invest my hunting license money on a good beef sale, or to travel out of state for a guided hunt with a good success rate.

I believe that picture was taken in Eagle River Wi. It is in Northern Wi.
It is a refuge of sorts. Dave is a hundred miles away.
I hunt in Northern Wi. also saw 5 deer although as a group we did very well.
Redclub

I had a friend :? e/mail me that pic. as a "rub" for not filling my tag this year. :D

Yup does almost look like Hulbet Michigan, no log cabin or cedar swamp.

I have two friends that own land on the north east side of Michigan, TB area. They both hunt Canada only now. Mikes only does Ont. as you do not need a guide there. Lew tried Sak. but didn't like it so does Man. now.

:D Al

actually there is a second picture that when you put the two together, it gives a panoramic view of the whole area, behind the buildings, along the house and back into the woods. The whole place is covered with deer...

Back