Best way to carry 209 primers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drifty4

Reaction score
What is the best way you have found to carry 209 primers in the field? I shoot an Omega so getting to the nipple is not a problem.

I have looked at a plastic one that carries several at a time, I believe it is a winchester product. It looked promising, but wondered if there was something better.

Does anyone have a favorite, or do you just carry them in a bottle?

I have a 209 dispenser made by Thompson Center. I think I got it at Bass Pro Shop store about three years ago.

T/C Dog Bone Capper. Try that and you will never go back to a straight line capper again. You can hang the Dog Bone for an piece of leather around your neck, or in your pocket. It holds 10 primers. It is all I ever use. I have a couple straight line 209 cappers.. but they are kept as a back up in the range box.

Don't know if it's the best, but the Federal Fusion Inline ML primers come with a neat little (maybe 1" square) soft rubber blaze orange carrier that holds 9 primers. I paid $4.99 for the box of primers with the holder, which was cheaper than any of the holders they had sold for separately...

Takes up no space in the possibles bag but is easily found by feel due to it's distinctive shape and soft composition, or visually due to it's blaze orange color. It cushions the primers and protects them from the elements perfectly.

A simple, neat, and very cleverly designed item that really works well...

I bought a Tc capper that holds 6 primers and is a palm saver. I just throw it in my pocket.

Tim

My disc extreme uses the red discs and I carry 6-8 in a old pill bottle.weatherproof,cheap,and easy to handle.

That is what I have been doing. I don't need the red disks, but I just carry them in an old pill bottle. It works and is cheap, I just thought I might look into better way to carry them.

I usually put 2 per vial along with the bullet and sabot.... I also sprinkle a few in the pockets of my hunting clothes "just in case" .....

Now if I could just fit a ramrod in my pocket!!! :wink:

plastic ziploc bag in your shirt pocket is fine. just as long as they're protected from the elements. I don't see the need to spend $$$ on a carrier.

Latest posts

Back