Best Conical ML??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ML?

Bonecracker said:
If I am not mistaken, Colorado only allows 50 cal ML and not an Encore Fan.

I am almost going to pull the trigger on this rifle! SS Knight Disc Extreme with laminated TH stock. What do you think??

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =263968192

That is really a good rifle - expensive, but that will do what you want and also provide you other options for later you so choose. It is a true bolt gun and a pluger gun.

The knight will allow you to shoot BH as you have suggested while the White system would not be a suggested rifle for shooting BH as they are pluger action guns. Although there is one model that is a true bolt.

The White is a great rifle but it is outdated at this time and finding parts might be a problem, although it really does not have a parts that would need to be replaced.

I have a Moodel 97 U-Mag that I refuse to part with even though it sits in storage most of the time... it is a White and I need to keep it.

Underclocked said:
and don't forget, yours has that gorgeous stock on it. :D

That stock really makes the gun... more valuable...

PC070022.jpg

Still lookin!!

Had a sick kid last night at home!! :( Was not able to bid!! :cry:
The search continues!!! :lol:
I think the search is half the fun anyway!! :lol:
Again thanks for all the help guys!!!!

Try to email Doc and see what he has laying around...
Steve

I bought my Super 91-11 off him, I email to check in from time to time..He did have some listed on line , they sell fast !!

If all else fails, check the Dirty White Boys website, Gunbroker.com and other sites for guys who either due to financial problems or they loose their minds sell their White ML's. Generally you see them appear about once a month, two the most. But when you do, you got to act fast.

edmehlig said:
If all else fails, check the Dirty White Boys website, Gunbroker.com and other sites for guys who either due to financial problems or they loose their minds sell their White ML's. Generally you see them appear about once a month, two the most. But when you do, you got to act fast.

Problem is he says he wants to shoot copper Thors with BH-209... Thor does not offer a bullet large enough to fit the White 504's

I'd shoot a barnes 300gr .458 with a orange mmp sabot out of a White. if it's got to be a conical shoot the bullshop 460. Couple of guys on the white board have had good luck with it on elk

sabotloader said:
edmehlig said:

Problem is he says he wants to shoot copper Thors with BH-209... Thor does not offer a bullet large enough to fit the White 504's

Maybe he just needs to be educated that heavy connical bullets is what he should be using???? GRIN

NO Power Belts HERE!

Guys I am not opposed to shooting heavy conical bullets (No Excuses)!!
I very much understand how the heavier conical is more effective on larger game vs a lighter PB conical! Just need a 100/125 yd gun on these elk as they are more comfortable out in the open!

My White and my Knight are good to 150yds, my White has a bushnell 3200 on it. With a bullshop all you have to do is practice at 150. a shot at 100yds is nothing

Underclocked said:
I have never found a hen's tooth, but I found 4 White rifles for sale today... one of them a new in the box Blacktail model. :D

Sort of making my point for me. :D I wouldn't call 4 a huge selection from which to choose.

You normally don't find dozens of them for sale because those that are blessed enough to have them don't want to part with them too often. Hen's teeth not so much. They are good solid rifles that were made to shoot conicals but also do very well with saboted bullets for those who prefer them.
There are a couple in the classifieds here that would be fine guns.

Bonecracker, I have 2 for sale in the classifieds. Both are very good shooters, pm me with any questions.

Whites are indeed superb conical shooters. In my experience, Knights with Green Mountain barrels are also excellent. My Mountaneer groups about 2" @ 100 yds with NE 460's. Haven't tried Thors or FTP's yet in the Mountaineer, but it should be a feasible load. Forget about BH209 in a White.

I like Bh209 for it's clean shooting properties, but it hasn't been a consistant igniter in any gun I've tried it in to date. That's why I bought the Mountaineer. Just haven't got around to trying it yet.

Latest posts

Back