Any feedback from CVA on the cracked BP's?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would CVA Just Test against BH209?Would they be afraid to find out the Truth?.CVA has a bad track record with there steel,Just seams like they what to try blame it on the new kid on the block.
Some old read but apply's to CVA and TRAD http://www.chuckhawks.com/dangerous_muzzleloaders.htm
Look around there you will find it
frontier gander said:
how many cracks cva plugs have you actually seen that cracked with pyrodex,blackpowder, triple 7?

Blackhorn209 is a new product, when something like this happens, the company has to look into it and test their product with the new stuff thats out to see what could have happened.

Jeez if you want to read Randy Wakemans articles, Maybe you should then email Toby Bridges and ask him how he likes the Savage muzzle loader that blew up on him :lol:

Randy Wakeman is very shady and often attacks you when you ask a question and put a little effort in to it.

1995-1996 are only CVA's with recalls and this is what randy is talking about but will not comment on when asked.

I don't like RW no better than any body does.I have own god know only how many CVA MLer's over the past 30 are so years.They have always been Cheaply made and of less quality workmans ship and steel.If CVA wants the truth they will test it against all BP SUP Powder's ,for there guns have been busting up and blowing up long before BH 209 ever came out
frontier gander said:
Jeez if you want to read Randy Wakemans articles, Maybe you should then email Toby Bridges and ask him how he likes the Savage muzzle loader that blew up on him :lol:

Randy Wakeman is very shady and often attacks you when you ask a question and put a little effort in to it.

1995-1996 are only CVA's with recalls and this is what randy is talking about but will not comment on when asked.

95 and 96 isnt what you'd call a whole lot and remember, that company went out of business.

We've only seen 1 plug with this cracking issue and it was with a new powder.

A lot of members on a lot of forums use everything from goex to even bh209 with out any problems.

Should be interesting to see how many more pop up, if any.

Fit and finish on the new cva's has improved greatly! Check out an Electra next time you see one.

Even my little cheap Optima.

95 and 96 recall ?.777 loose did not even come out until [best i can remember until 2002] and the 777 Pellets came out after that .I 'll say it again,if CVA wants to know the real truth they will test it against all Black subs and not just against BH209

powder had nothing to do with the 95 and 96 year problem, that was a bad plug design that they knew about but they were so poorly staffed, they let them through.

Matter of fact, the first order of 5000 Optima Elites were shipped BACK to spain because the guy inspecting them felt that they did not meet their quality specs.

In todays anti firearm world, if there were on going problems like this, we'd see it on every news channel out there.

SwampFox: How did you test the quality of steel that CVA was using in all the ones that you checked? What metalurgical tests did you use? With a little Mechanical Engineering background I am interested in your test results. As mentioned BPI now owns the rights to the CVA line of rifles and it is not the same company that made the one rifle that was recalled due to a metalurgical problem.

Is this thread getting on anyones nerves other than MINE? :?

Lets see MLKeith,Springs getting weak way to short in there life span,Steel soft and sometimes even britial.Don't have to have to ,or to be able to have a Rockwell Test done to be able to see these thing over the years.I have own way to many over the years to not be able to see these things.Yes at one time and they were and may be still the Number 1 Best selling ML.But it is or atleast was because of there price.Not because of there quality.
MLKeith said:
SwampFox: How did you test the quality of steel that CVA was using in all the ones that you checked? What metalurgical tests did you use? With a little Mechanical Engineering background I am interested in your test results. As mentioned BPI now owns the rights to the CVA line of rifles and it is not the same company that made the one rifle that was recalled due to a metalurgical problem.

Thats right Powder had nothing to do with the 95,96 recall.In RW's aritical,he kept talking about 777 pellets blowing up CVA & TRAD guns and that was after the 95/96 recall
frontier gander said:
powder had nothing to do with the 95 and 96 year problem, that was a bad plug design that they knew about but they were so poorly staffed, they let them through.

Matter of fact, the first order of 5000 Optima Elites were shipped BACK to spain because the guy inspecting them felt that they did not meet their quality specs.

In todays anti firearm world, if there were on going problems like this, we'd see it on every news channel out there.

SwampFox said:
Thats right Powder had nothing to do with the 95,96 recall.In RW's aritical,he kept talking about 777 pellets blowing up CVA & TRAD guns and that was after the 95/96 recall
frontier gander said:

And you or randy can provide pictures of these rifles?

frontier gander said:
big6x6 said:

Yeah, MINE

Me too: Apparently SF has had multiple CVA rifles blow up in his face due to the soft and britial (??) steel. I can tell he is a highly educated metalurgical person so I guess I should stop asking for documentation of any of his radical claims. (oops, sorry; shouldn't have used the radical word saving that one for Obama).

Well this reply to me has been left standing here for some unknown reason to me.Other than for me to reply back to so here is my reply back
MLK, i do not have to prove a thing to you,nor would i ever attack you in the matter that you have attack me in this reply.I see a you are a Self Proclaim Educated Metalurgical Person and a Mechanial Engineer with many guns patents under your belt.But i myself have own way to many CVA's to now make me think anything any better about them.CVA makes some good Muzzle Loaders Accessories and should stick with them ONLY and leave Rifle and Bullet makeing to some other Company's that are willing to do it right .
NUFF SAID.
Now your attack/reply on me was left here this long for a reason without being took down.So i Exspect the same for my reply to back to you

MLKeith said:
frontier gander said:
big6x6 said:

Yeah, MINE

Me too: Apparently SF has had multiple CVA rifles blow up in his face due to the soft and britial (??) steel. I can tell he is a highly educated metalurgical person so I guess I should stop asking for documentation of any of his radical claims. (oops, sorry; shouldn't have used the radical word saving that one for Obama).

I will admit frontier gander that a few of the CVA sidelocks did indeed shoot fairly well,but most of there life span was cut way to short.Yes back then all you could get was REAL BLACK Powder [earlly 70's]and would eat thing's up really fast.ya i know that part was not CVA's fault,but via the steel being so soft,it did not resist the corrosiveness at all to black powder.Mine you my first TC HAWKEN i got was in a kit that cost $89.95 [LONG LONG AGO] :D that did resist BLACK POWDER to a degree alot better and alot longer than any CVA ever did.There locks had Coil TYPE Spring's and CVA's Locks had Leaf type springs and the black powder really work on them really fast like.Now what was the straw that broke my back on CVA's was back i guess 2002 or 2003 when i bought a CVA ECLIPSE that a Chip/Chuck of the Breech Plug broke off when it was Fired, and i nerver did get a responce Back from CVA over the PHONE not a responce back from them over the many e-mail's i sent.
Now i am threw with CVA's for good unless i ever find the BIG BORE MOUNTAIN MAN rifle that efford.At one time i could have gotten that gun for $129.95 Brand new,boy if we could turn back the times,lol :)
frontier gander said:
Odd that the cva sidelocks never had any barrel issues.

Latest posts

Back