.451 Nosler partition in MLs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedog

Reaction score
Have you ever used the Nosler .451 partition pistol bullets (260 grain or 300 grain) in your MLs.....it appears that Nolser may not be making these any longer and they are selling remaining inventory. How do they perform on Deer?

bluedog

They are outstanding bullets.... I have not heard or seen that Nosler would not produce them any longer.

.458-300 Basically the same as the .451/300 little thicker copper...

CompositRecov-458-2.jpg

07elkflollowupcpmposit.jpg

.451 - 260

expandedNosler.jpg

MikeDeer.jpg

bluedog said:
Have you ever used the Nosler .451 partition pistol bullets (260 grain or 300 grain) in your MLs.....it appears that Nolser may not be making these any longer and they are selling remaining inventory. How do they perform on Deer?

Last season two deer were smucked with the 300g bullet fired from my rifle. Massive tissue damage, and lots of blood scattered around. One was shot through the lungs. The other was a frontal shot and the bullet penetrated the deer from front to hip.

SteveB

I looked on the new Nosler sight and they are no longer are offering any partition pistol bullets, when I go to the old site they are not available...

I am really thinking they are done....

Thanks SL,

I'll probably get a box or 2 and save them just for hunting.
Deadly in the Triumph - but the Lehiegh's are a great backup.

Still use the White and big ole Bull shop's most of the time, so I'll be set until NY goes hunting "green" :puke:

Steve

The 260 grain partition gold bullet is used in Winchesters 20 gauge slug round. I used them in my H&R ultra slug hunter. They had a claimed muzzle velocity of 1900 feet per second. I have taken several deer with those slugs and most dropped in their tracks. I have never tried the bullet in my muzzleloaders.

Why would Nosler quit making the 260 and 300 gr bullets. These are great muzzleloader bullets. Are you guys sure they are going to be discontinued?

Hulions

if you go to the sight - they are gone... The 451/260-300 were built for handgun hunters originally and ML second... but with the price at $42 from the factory - they kind of priced themselves out...

http://www.nosler.com/

Do not even see S.H.O.T.S beign offered any more either...

I am thinking they are going to be releasing something lead free for '10.

I have used the 260 grainer in my TC Firehawk .54. It performed flawlessly on the 4 point buck I shot.

I have since moved on to the 285 Barnes Spitfire MZ and really like it in my Knight Wolverine 209 in .50 caliber. I keep thinking that I may try them in my Cabelas Hawken .54, but I think it might be "sacreligious" to shoot a sabot in my "traditional" rifle. :wink:

I still have about 35-40 in the box so I will want to try them at some time.

FH

why are the doing away with the partiton -hg? im going to miss them my omega i got loves them.Kinda high $ to shoot at paper tho.

sabotloader told me about them and boy they shot good with the crush rib sabot.

will there be a replacement ?

thanks sam

Sam208 said:
why are the doing away with the partiton -hg? im going to miss them my omega i got loves them.Kinda high $ to shoot at paper tho.

sabotloader told me about them and boy they shot good with the crush rib sabot.

will there be a replacement ?

thanks sam

If you like the handgun style bullet (hollow point or soft point) then an excelent replacement is the Speer Gold Dot. Another good one at low-med velocities is the Hornady XTP. I haven't tried Sierra bullets, but I've yet to hear anything bad about them.

My 2 cents.

Thank goodness I bought mine when I did,on sale from Nosler website. I have enough left for 48 deer. Should last my lifetime.

Charlie

Back