SOUTH CAROLINA!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsefly

Reaction score
ok this is off topic but i have been watching the news and they have a huge forest fire burning there and its near myrtle beach some where, last report i heard it was 70 homes damaged and or destroyed. me being from fla. i know the forest fire's all to well. so i just wanted to say that you guys up there our in our thoughts down here and hopefully other places as well, hope all is goin ok and going to keep getting better be safe and chime in when you can and let us know you guys are ok.

horsefly:
Thankyou, my Wife workes for the S.C. Forestry Commission in the Acc. Dept. as of 3:30 pm yesterday 87 homes damaged and or destroyed. I live about 4.5 hrs from the fire so we are safe here, but with somany resorces there fighting that fire if another come up it will do so much damage before they get to it its sicking.

I hate to hear about that... I'm about 2 hrs from the beach. This is the first time I can remember a wild fire being in SC.

I just heard a report from DNR and the SC Forestry Division. A ground and aerial inspection of Lewis Ocean Bay has revealed almost complete devestation. Lewis Ocean Bay consists of 9700 acres and over 9000 of those acres has been devestated. The total area already consumed is 15,000 acres. The fire burned the length of Lewis Ocean Bay yesterday and after the wind shifted today, the remainder burned. Lewis Ocean Bay was a designated Black Bear refuge/preserve.

DNR indicated that it will take years for the wildlife to recover. I think that we are also in the fawning season and I would assume that there will be few if any survivors.

A friend of my wifes that is there said that there are to many dead dear to count, and many bear also, in that preserve and all around the ariea

i know how you guys feel we have had a few bad ones so fat this year not nearly as bad as whats goin on up there. we went through the fire storms of 98 where literally half the state had burned yeh half the state i think it was a bit more but cant remember so half is close enough. my wife is a bus driver for the handicapped and elderly and she also does evacuations for our county when the fires were here then she was never home and then she was also driving the fire fighters to and from the front lines. we had fighters from all over the world literally, she met fighters from as far as Australia and germany. lets all just hope it doesnt get that bad up there or any worse that it already has. stay safe and keep us updated when you can. and help a neighbor and or a stranger if you can till its over, every bit of help is a huge help during this. be safe

Back