8 point with CVA 45 cal Kodiak

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman1

Reaction score
As you know from this thread

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... hp?t=14294

I went to one of the swamp blinds last night and got a shot but had a hang fire.
Don't know what led me to do it but I went to the same blind this morning.
It was moon bright last night and I got in a little later than I should have so I didn't take any of my luxuries out of my pack.I put on a primer,put the barrel in the rest and went into scope world.
My set up is very comfortable so I just look through the scope (on 3x) most of the time.
I never heard this deer come in,I was scanning the cut back and forth real slow getting used to the low light.
I scoped back to where I had just been and caught movement.It was a deer,looked to be a fairly big one for around here as far as body size.I never saw the rack (I have a doe tag),he had his head down quartering to me.
I later ranged it at 52 yards.With his head down I could see where the neck meets the shoulders.I settled the crosshairs on that spot and squeezed the trigger.There was no hangfire this time (thank's Ron)
I forced myself to not flinch and remain on target as the smoke cleared.
He dropped right in his tracks,there was no sign of any struggle.
I couldn't figure out the timer on my daughters camera but I did shoot a video with it.I'll post it later.

CVA Kodiak magnum 45 cal/SS fluted/Camo Synth stock
90 grn BH 209
Precision Rifles 195 grn Dead Center
CCIm 209 primer
Simmons Blazer 3x9x50 scope
52 yars neck shot

8pointbuck.jpg

Time for the chores to begin.
I have a Jeep Gambrel

JeepGambrel.jpg

All done.

Mewithbuck1.jpg

And the video

http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n12/ ... kvideo.flv

8 point

At looks like a nice one. The link doesn't work Scott.

Scott:

Nice post...... nice looking deer for Florida. Are the animals smaller in body weight than in the north? Still a nice looking deer. I shoot a .45 also. I'm using the Cabela's 250 grain long range Dead Centers from Percision. I'm still looking for my first shot with the Knight. I just got it to zero in a month ago. WEare in our Muzzleloading season here now.

The link to the video worked fine.

Nice buck. Those .45's can lay them out! Wishtofish, our deer here in North Florida are smaller in size. That's OK, cause you can only eat them one bite at a time!

Latest posts

Back