• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE 50 cal Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had quite a few messages about Omegas. I think most are looking for cheap donor guns . I don't have any of them but I will list 1 more omega in case there is someone interested in it
It is a 50 cal with laminate thumbhole stock . No QLA. It has been circumcised and ready for conicals as well as sabots.
It has a 1x nikon scope on it . I won't take less even if a person doesn't want the scope.
$500 shipped lower 48 .person buying must be able to legally receive this shipped to their door. Bore is excellent . Gun is in great condition. BE937B5B-65EB-451A-AE40-9B55A4A890C9.jpegF2DA9483-BB8C-4FCE-B2F9-054D31580CD6.jpegF562FE98-28BA-4E52-BFF0-7763917422ED.jpeg3FAF59E3-F27C-4945-9AFC-F4CE8EAB6EEA.jpeg

How is the bore? Any pitting or anything on the barrel or any metal? Thank you

OK, is this generally considered a good thing to do and if so why and why do they make them that way?(sorry about hijacking the thread, trying to learn)
Some, not all, QLAs were slightly off center from the bore and made it nearly impossible to get conicals/bore riders to shoot accurately. Cutting off an inch of muzzle and recrowning it is an easy fix if you dont want to shoot sabots.

doe's not having a QLA mean it can't shoot sabots ? or it just takes a little extra effort or it can be done but it's a PITA ?

doe's not having a QLA mean it can't shoot sabots ? or it just takes a little extra effort or it can be done but it's a PITA ?
Still shoots sabots same as before. The QLA is meant to help you easily start whichever projectile by hold it in place, straight. Letting you use both hands to hold the gun and/or ramrod. Most sabots will go into the bore about a 1/4” with little or no effort.

my old optima has the QLA and i like it for loading . i'm guessing the patriot with a brux barrel doesn't have a QLA ?
anyone got a pic of the muzzle end of a brux on the patriot ?

Back