.50 cal. Hawken

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Feathers

Reaction score
Howdy folks: Stoney here
Well by gum, I finally got 'er done. Thanks to Frontier Gander and some fine folks at Traditions Performance Rifles!
 I got the .50 cal. Hawken percussion kit back in February, but never actually started it until April. My shop isn't heated, so working on projects gets put on a back burner until Spring most times. With a lot of encouragement and emails back and forth from Frontier Gander and Traditions, it's finally done. Frontier Gander says I should post pictures, so here ya.' go. I hope you guys like it?
Stoney
dsc_0019.jpg

dsc_0021.jpg

dsc_0022.jpg

dsc_0020.jpg

dsc_0023.jpg

dsc_0024.jpg

Sounds great!

Might be my computer and internet hookup, but the pics aren't coming through.  Someone else who knows what they're talking about can help you if the problem is at your end.

Looking forward to the pics!

BrownBear said:
Sounds great!

Might be my computer and internet hookup, but the pics aren't coming through.  Someone else who knows what they're talking about can help you if the problem is at your end.

Looking forward to the pics!
Thanks Brown Bear, but Frontier Gander took care of the issue? Not sure what the Hell happened? Old age and sheer stupidity, mixed with some Computer Illiteracy on my end me thinks? I just could NOT get those pics, on the website. Check out the post now. Blessings.
Stoney

He's sure one smart fellow, is our Gander, eh?  :D

Coming through just fine now.  Looks like you did some "aging" on the brass. I like the way it turned out.  Any secrets to pass along?

KC
Thank you. I enjoyed building it, MINUS the little issues. Blessings.
Stoney

falcon said:
Congrats on the very nice rifle.
Falcon
Thank ya. kindly. I hope my Doctor likes it? It was a nice, albeit, hectic build! I have a ton more items to make to go along with it before I give it to him. Blessings.
Stoney

Smokin' Joe said:
Looks great Stoney.  I think you'll really enjoy that rifle.
Smokin' Joe
Thanks. But it's not for me. I'll build myself one soon. I'm hopin' to make it a Long Rifle .32 cal. in Pennsylvania style? I've got one here now, but it's the one I built for our youngest son and it's a .45 cal. Flinter.  Thanks again. Stay well.
Stoney

Back