Powerbelt .45cal Kill

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
This is one of my forum members who just reported back with a kill from this evening.

71-800X600.jpg

Great opening day for me!

Today was cloudy with temperatures in the 40?s coupled by rain and drizzle. I was in the woods by light and had three sits in the morning without any sightings. On my fifth sit of the day at around 3:00 p.m. I started calling. After about ? hour I had this button buck take an interest in my doe estrous bleat call and came-in to within about 35 yards of me. Before I could get my crosshairs on him he bounced off back into the scrub pine. I waited about 10 minutes then began calling again. Determined to hook up with a late hot doe, he came back to my estrous bleat call a second time! He stopped at about 60 yards and gave me a slight, uphill quartering away shot. The 275 grain Powerbelt Hollow point hit its mark and passed through him like a hot knife on butter. He immediately tumbled, got back up, did a few drunken side steps, then collapsed again and was down for the count. The 275 grain bullet was backed by 90 grains of Pyrodex (three - 30 grain pellets).

[FG, I still didn?t get your custom .45 inserts in the mail for today?s hunt, so I had stuffed the Hollow Point with Forney solder]. I don?t think this deer knew what hit him.

73-800x600.jpg

bullet entrance

74-800x600.jpg

Bullet exit

Time to dig out my recipes!!

Congrats on your kill.
Iwould be interested in a report of the internal damage.
Looks like the bullet did an excellent job :D

Latest posts

Back