.430 Hornady FTX 265 gr

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabinajiles

Reaction score
Because our firearm season for deer starts here Friday, I took a break from trying to dial in the Vortek Strikerfire I picked up, in order to check my scope settings for the hunting load I will be using in my Accura V2. I used the FTX 265 last year but wanted to bump my powder load up a bit from 100 gr of BH209 to 110 gr. The picture of the 100 yd target below shows the results.

The high left hit is the first 2 shots. The scope was set to hit 1" high with the 265 gr FTx in a smooth green Harvester sabot with100 gr of BH209, so increasing to 110 gr caused it to hit another 3" higher. Dialing my scope down 12 clicks and right 3, resulted in the center group for 5 shots. I think this will work. If you haven't tried the FTX bullets you might want to take a look at them. My Acccura V2 shoots the .458 325 gr FTX just as accurately. I have no experience with the terminal results of the bullet but from recovered bullets shot into water jugs, it appears it will perform just as it should.

Attachments

• 20161114_111756.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,904

Latest posts

Back