Gun control for the U.S.A.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kootenaibill

Reaction score
The U.S., as predicted by many, is right in Canada's footsteps for gun control. Laws, as seen in the following link, already passed to control your guns. This is just the beginning. Canadian gun owners fought hook and nail. Thousands of names on petitions against gun control. Police forces against gun control. Yet it all passed. What was supposed to be $32 million to register Canadian guns turned into Billions, yea, billions. The expenses were hidden and when the exact cost leaked out our government huffed and puffed and put more money into control of guns. They know it will not control the criminal element. But, it will control you.

http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/a/obam ... l.htm?nl=1

The shortage of "Self Protection" firearms and especially the shortages of reloading components and ammo says we are preparing for what ever Bammy can throw at us.

Chocodg

Gun control

It ain't comin if we fight. Never surrender your guns!
Wayles

It ain't comin if we fight. Never surrender your guns!

The government does not want your guns. They want to know who has guns, what type of gun you have, how many you have. They will regulate ownership of all guns. You will have to pass government exams to qualify you to own a certain gun. Guns used for self defense, not hunting, will be restricted where you prove you will use the gun only at a gun range. Each time you move a restricted gun from your home you will need a new permit to do so. Some automatic weapons will be out and out banned and illegal to be in possession of them. Are you mentally competent to own a gun? Have a criminal record? Seperated or divorced where your ex has filed a grievence or anyone has done so against you?

See where this is going? There is so much paper work involved in getting and keeping a weapon and keeping paper work updated would be buyers just say it ain't worth it and don't buy a weapon. This is what the government wants. Local law enforcement can look up your registered file if someone files a complaint against you, see you have weapons, what type you have, how many, and for public protection take them from you. Temporarily, of course.

If it keeps some nut from blowing away a bunch of kids, even just once, maybe it is worth it.

Gun control has not helped curb criminal activity in Canada one iota. It has allowed the law (in one example) to know in a domestic violence dispute they are called out to, to know in advance if there are any weapons in this house or registered. In this case, it is a good thing.

Just my Canadian opinion with a look at maybe a good side of gun registration.

Gun control

Canadian gun control has not worked. Why even suggest such a thing! Glad you ain't votin on it!
Never give up your guns! One step is all these bas--@ds need. I have no wish to be a subject. Give your guns up or register them and you are no longer a free man. If gun owners/hunters had turned out and voted the way they should we would not be dealing with this issue now. I'm too old to start kissin someones ozz now. As far as I'm concerned every law abiding, tax payin, mentaly compentent citizen should be packin every day. Crime would drop if some of these cowardly punks knew citizens were armed. There can be no lip service dealin with this legislation. Every last gun owner should write his lawmakers, Both dem's and repub's. Act NOW!
Wayles

Re: Gun control

wayles said:
Canadian gun control has not worked. Why even suggest such a thing! Glad you ain't votin on it!
Never give up your guns! One step is all these bas--@ds need. I have no wish to be a subject. Give your guns up or register them and you are no longer a free man. If gun owners/hunters had turned out and voted the way they should we would not be dealing with this issue now. I'm too old to start kissin someones ozz now. As far as I'm concerned every law abiding, tax payin, mentaly compentent citizen should be packin every day. Crime would drop if some of these cowardly punks knew citizens were armed. There can be no lip service dealin with this legislation. Every last gun owner should write his lawmakers, Both dem's and repub's. Act NOW!
Wayles

My thoughts exactly!!!!!
Zen

Applying the anti-gun logic to another important threat to the safety of Americans: :x

Number of physicians in the US: 700,000.
Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year: 120,000. Accidental
deaths per physician.... 0.171
(U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services)

Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.
Number of accidental gun deaths per year: 1,500 (all age groups)
Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188

Therefore, statistically,
Doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

"FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at least one Doctor."

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand.
So, remember: guns don't kill people - doctors do

you can bet that stats like that are not going to be used for the gun owners fight.

Back