• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO 209 conversion

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporting member
Reaction score
The one pictured below. For a D.I.S.C.

Knight DISC Extreme 209 Bare Primer Conversion Kit

DISC Extreme 209 Bare Primer Conversion Kit​

$163.99
  • Knight DISC Extreme and Long Range Hunter
  • Fits .45, .50 and .52 caliber
  • 209 Bare Primer Bolt Design
  • 209 Bare Primer Breech Plug
This item usually ships in 3 to 5 business days

DISC-barrel.jpg

Check the below box if you have an Original DISC
Yes, I have an Original D.I.S.C.
No, I have another kind of DISC Rifle
DISC Original will need to have the conversion kit modified. We do that in-house before we send it out. The caliber doesn't matter. If your barrel says D.I.S.C. (with periods between each letter), AND it doesn't include the words "Elite", "Extreme", or "Magnum" after it, check the above box. Otherwise don't select the box. There is no fee for modification.

SKU: M900608 Categories: Muzzleloader Conversion Kits, Muzzleloader Shooting Supplies

Will that work with that setup????
if youve got the DISC Extreme Red Full Plastic Jacket bolt it will go right into that bolt. If you have the Original DISC bolt (you do) that takes the Orange Plastic Jackets you can buy the Extreme bolt for $70, from Sportsmans Warehouse, instead of $163 from Knight. Just disregard the included breech plug and buy the bare primer plug from SSK when you buy the adapter.
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...taineer-full-plastic-conversion-kit/p/1508870

No it will not, the disc has no provision for the bolt to slide backwards only up and down with a slight rearward tilt. I have done this change over three times. Twice there was NO issue in the bare primer conversion. The third time it was on an early 22" disc. The bolt and firing pin ass'y didn't want to fit into the receiver. I noticed on the later units the tang area is larger in ID than the bolt race. I chucked in the lathe and opened it up like the later units, worked fine. Also Sportsman's Warehouse has the bolt for much cheaper.

I did have an issue with the firing pin ass'y being overly tight. Called Knight the gentleman sent me 2 different firing pin assemblies. He said early DISC rifles were toleranced differently. Find the one that works with your bolt and send the unused one and your old one back, even included the label, NO CHARGE. They will have my business for as long as I shoot Muzzies.

if youve got the DISC Extreme Red Full Plastic Jacket bolt it will go right into that bolt. If you have the Original DISC bolt (you do) that takes the Orange Plastic Jackets you can buy the Extreme bolt for $70, from Sportsmans Warehouse, instead of $163 from Knight. Just disregard the included breech plug and buy the bare primer plug from SSK when you buy the adapter.
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...taineer-full-plastic-conversion-kit/p/1508870
Muzzy you can't use the adaptor in a bare primer bolt to the best of my understanding, but I agree with the SSK breech plug. It is a work of art.

Is it possible to just mill that slot like the extreme in the disc bolt? Also is there a how to on installing the push button bolt release? I have a disc rifle my good friend gave me I am setting up for my son. Thanks!

Is it possible to just mill that slot like the extreme in the disc bolt? Also is there a how to on installing the push button bolt release? I have a disc rifle my good friend gave me I am setting up for my son. Thanks!
I am sure you could mill a slot in the bolt body, but I don't recall if the bolt nose is the same as a FPJ.

I dont think you could make the Extreme style bolt out of an Original because the Extreme has more material there. But i bet you might be able to make the Original into a Knight Bare style.

Latest posts

Back