1st Hog was a Muzzleloader Hog

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yakfisher

Reaction score
I finally got to go hunting yesterday. One of my hunting buddies and I went deer hunting at my hunting club yesterday. We decided to hunt from late morning (10:30) till dark. We planned to hunt an area on my club that hasn't had a lot of pressure this year. Some other members were hunting an adjacent area near the area we wanted to hunt. We went in late, so I didn't want to mess them up by driving by their area to get to ours. We tried a different area in my club for a couple of hours, but nothing was moving. We came back out to see if the other guys had left their area. They had left, so we signed into the area we originally wanted to hunt. We made our move and got settled in around 2:00PM. No deer to be found. Nothing moving but a bunch of squirrels and song birds. :( :(

Well things changed at around 4:30. About 15 hogs came down from behind me and I popped one of them!!! :D :D I got my first hog and it was with my muzzle loader!!! :D :D :D I shot it with my Knight Bighorn with a 300gr Barnes Expander, 85gr of 777 ffg and a Winchester W209 primer. Man, those Expanders are awesome bullets. It didn't even make it fifteen yards from where I shot it. Clean through at about 35 yards. Not a real big hog. Somewhere around 90 pounds. Good eating size!!! I had as big a smile on my face as when I killed my 11 pointer about five years ago. After I shot my hog the rest of the hogs tore out staight for my buddy. We carry radios so we can communicate if necessary. I called him on the radio and told him they were headed his way!!! He called me back and told me that the came right by him but they were moving so fast that he couldn't get a shot. This was a really cool hunt. I have been wanting to kill a hog for a long tiime and the fact that I got with a muzzleloader was icing on the cake. I'm ecstatic!! :D :D

I was going to download a couple of pics, but I can't find the computor cable to my digital camera. I will download them when I find it.
:( :(

Way to go Yak! I know EXACTLY how you feel! Ain't nutin like taking a hog with a muzzleloader! 8)

Thanks Chuck. I will post my pics whenever I find the computer cable for my camera. I don't know what I did with the thing. One of those sometimer moments. :lol:

As promised, here are the pics of the hog.

115668.jpg

115669.jpg

Great job on the hog!!! Ahh yes bacon and eggs. What time is breakfast. :D

Latest posts

Back