Break action accuaracy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm with 64 gr of H4198 from my 6 lb rifle will make you think it's an elephant gun on your shoulder. I went up to 55 gr of it n thought my shoulder was knocked off.

Break action accuracy, mine sucks ! I have learned to accept it. At 25 yards off the table & sand bag it will do ragged one hole groups. By the time it gets to a 100 yards it's palm size. I'm going to try one last time to see if i can get it to shoot. If not i know to keep all my shots 100 or less.

Land riders were XTP, Fury 250, Barnes XPT's. Sabots .400 XTP, SW,SST,Barnes Exp. Powders Blue dot, 5744,4759,VV110,RL7, H4198
If I had tried all that and it still didn't work. It may be time to get something else.

It's good to 100 yards, i will keep my shots close. I don't have the funds to buy another smokeless rifle.
My Handi rifle 45/70 is/was ( I sold it ) to help pay for a smokeless 45 but I shot piles of deer with it 4 inch group @200 yds less than 1/2 that @100 yds shooting a PB/GC 350 gr NOE 460-FN sized to 459 in pure lead over 25.5 gr 2400 powder /covered with a 1/2 gr Dacron using a 4x Leupold . Over 8-9 yrs the only CF I carried to fill my freezers !/Ed

Latest posts

Back