Omega action

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Action is on its way to Mark. Have rotator cuff surgery for the second time in 3 years on June 10th so it will probably be late summer before I get to test any loads but when barrel arrives my son will get it in the stock and get a scope mounted. May even have him do load testing while I am healing up. He shoots a lot and wants to learn about smokeless also so it will be a project we can learn together on.

Can you use the module on a omega action I have omega SML McGowen barrel
The first couple small batches of Omega barrels we made used a breech that had a shoulder sitting .500" from the breech face. This was also used in our Patriot rifles for many years. A while back (over a year) we bumped that shoulder down to .675 in the Omega barrels to accommodate LR modules. Basically everything we build now, Omega barrels, new G3 Patriots and bolt actions are .675 deep. We can use modules or 209s in the adjustable plugs, we just have more inserts to work in .500 and .675 deep barrels.
One thing we have not done is manufacture the module insert for a .500 deep Omega barrel. We made less than 50 Omega barrels that are .500 deep, so it's not really worth making.
Omega barrels will typically need the adjustable breech plug because of the action and variance from different castings they made. Some actions wont even lock shut square, and in that case we can square them up by adjusting head space in the plug.Breech Depth.png

Been looking for supplies for when the build is done. Went through all of my powders nothing that will work so trying to track some down now. 5000 LR and LR Mag primers so good there. Have some Bullets and Sabots to start out with then will try some full bores after I get some experience.

Latest posts

Back