What this area is about

Help Support Frontier Muzzle Loading:

Squint

FML Supporter
This has been mentioned previously but bares another request. This OTHL forum, Jonathan, has strayed far from the intended purpose as proposed earlier. There is currently a danger here that friendships could be damaged, and a strong possibility potential members may avoid the site already. We could also lose some of our contributing members. The elephant on the forum is, of course, political, and to a lesser extent, religious posting. If I may be so bold as to suggest it, how about considering these options:

1. Prohibit any and all discussion of politics and religion.

2. Delete any and all posts that blatantly violate the prohibition.

3. Issue "warnings" initially to any violators.

4. As a last resort, ban/terminate the membership of those who have been warned numerous times for, say, 6 months. If they come back and still violate
the rules then make the next ban permanent.

5. Posting a brief (without posting names) description of why posts have been deleted.

6. To prevent any embarrassment most of the steps - except for #1. and #2. could be handled by PMs or emails.

These suggestions are not draconian as they are basically "tough love" in nature. Thanks.
Hanshi, You are absolutely right. If I want to be on a form that was all for politics I would be on that one. We don't need this for a stepping stone for people that are trying to push an agenda. People that are on this site are generally pro-Second Amendment and enjoy being free. Come on guys, we can do better.
Squint

toot

muzzloader48, yes and the INDIANS used to use the leaves for sewing thread by separating the leaves into very thin stripes. yes we have had 9+ days of 100 degrees and unbearable HUMIDITY IN THE EAST here. so either water or LIQUID LIBATION! the humidity rely affects us guy's with hart failure. toot. PS, as for cemetery plants, take a trip through any cemetery and check it out, i's sure you will see plenty. the belief of planting them was that they lived for a 100+YEARS, and never needed any care, or water.

muzzleloader48

FML Supporter
muzzloader48, yes and the INDIANS used to use the leaves for sewing thread by separating the leaves into very thin stripes. yes we have had 9+ days of 100 degrees and unbearable HUMIDITY IN THE EAST here. so either water or LIQUID LIBATION! the humidity rely affects us guy's with hart failure. toot. PS, as for cemetery plants, take a trip through any cemetery and check it out, i's sure you will see plenty. the belief of planting them was that they lived for a 100+YEARS, and never needed any care, or water.
Toot, you take good care of that heart. During this heat, lots of water does real good. Damned little humidity here in southrn Colorado, but at 7350' the sun just burns you like an ant under a magnifying glass. It just drains you.

I go to the local cemetery here in Trinidad, Co. every so often. Many of the stones date back to late 1700's and early 1800's. That being said I just don't recall seeing any Yucca plants. May be that the caretakers destroy them...not sure. On our property there are plenty around but it has to be really warm for them to bloom.

BTW: thanks for the info. Very interesting.

Dusty hunter

Hanshi, You are absolutely right. If I want to be on a form that was all for politics I would be on that one. We don't need this for a stepping stone for people that are trying to push an agenda. People that are on this site are generally pro-Second Amendment and enjoy being free. Come on guys, we can do better.
Squint
Great post you should consider running for Emperor of speech I know a party that would accept you with open iron fists.

muzzleloader48

FML Supporter
  • "Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them!"

• At the heart of liberalism really is a HATRED for God and a belief that government should replace God....

• " The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others."
  • veteran.jpg
  • IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

toot

Toot, you take good care of that heart. During this heat, lots of water does real good. Damned little humidity here in southrn Colorado, but at 7350' the sun just burns you like an ant under a magnifying glass. It just drains you.

I go to the local cemetery here in Trinidad, Co. every so often. Many of the stones date back to late 1700's and early 1800's. That being said I just don't recall seeing any Yucca plants. May be that the caretakers destroy them...not sure. On our property there are plenty around but it has to be really warm for them to bloom.

BTW: thanks for the info. Very interesting.
they are a very INVASIVE PLANT.

Marty

then go to a FIRST AMENDANT SITE,THEN. I agree this muzzloading site has turned into a political site! let's get back to black powder and black powder related topics. JMHO.
I don't like Moderating threads that focus on religion or politics. Not fun at all so I just grin and bear it. It's up to the website managers but I'd just like to ban those two topics. They have nothing to do with muzzleloading and related subject matter. There are other websites that cover those hostile subjects in excruciating detail.
JMHO.

Buck Conner

With Angie's help subjects are starting to be answered or talked about in the correct spot. Thanks folks .....

goodshot

Like you said lets talk about something other than guns and accessories, so here's a off the wall topic I have been involved with for the last 70 years, (collecting family heirlooms).

Now getting close to getting settled one more time, just had the restoration folks get through with their work, movers finally got on board and paid for the damage on a dozen items.
We got lucky with one piece with only a small crack that finished out like new, can't see where the damage was thank goodness.

This piece was built while Abe Lincoln was President according to the hardware design, the East Lake Movement lasted until the 1890's closing it's doors 10 years before in 1880's. Charles L. Eastlake designs were displayed at the Philadelphia Centennial Exhibition in 1876 and remained popular until about 1890.

My great grandfather bought this piece when he was in Chicago in the early 1870's, so its been handed down all these years now sitting in our front parlor. Those interested can find this piece in several of the books about this movement (we get folks showing up every few years asking to see and take photos for their book on antiques they are working on).

Jon, you said talk about other interests, its your fault.........
That is a very beautiful piece! Thank you for sharing

Latest posts