Hanshi, You are absolutely right. If I want to be on a form that was all for politics I would be on that one. We don't need this for a stepping stone for people that are trying to push an agenda. People that are on this site are generally pro-Second Amendment and enjoy being free. Come on guys, we can do better.This has been mentioned previously but bares another request. This OTHL forum, Jonathan, has strayed far from the intended purpose as proposed earlier. There is currently a danger here that friendships could be damaged, and a strong possibility potential members may avoid the site already. We could also lose some of our contributing members. The elephant on the forum is, of course, political, and to a lesser extent, religious posting. If I may be so bold as to suggest it, how about considering these options:
1. Prohibit any and all discussion of politics and religion.
2. Delete any and all posts that blatantly violate the prohibition.
3. Issue "warnings" initially to any violators.
4. As a last resort, ban/terminate the membership of those who have been warned numerous times for, say, 6 months. If they come back and still violate
the rules then make the next ban permanent.
5. Posting a brief (without posting names) description of why posts have been deleted.
6. To prevent any embarrassment most of the steps - except for #1. and #2. could be handled by PMs or emails.
These suggestions are not draconian as they are basically "tough love" in nature. Thanks.