This has been mentioned previously but bares another request. This OTHL forum, Jonathan, has strayed far from the intended purpose as proposed earlier. There is currently a danger here that friendships could be damaged, and a strong possibility potential members may avoid the site already. We could also lose some of our contributing members. The elephant on the forum is, of course, political, and to a lesser extent, religious posting. If I may be so bold as to suggest it, how about considering these options:
1. Prohibit any and all discussion of politics and religion.
2. Delete any and all posts that blatantly violate the prohibition.
3. Issue "warnings" initially to any violators.
4. As a last resort, ban/terminate the membership of those who have been warned numerous times for, say, 6 months. If they come back and still violate
the rules then make the next ban permanent.
5. Posting a brief (without posting names) description of why posts have been deleted.
6. To prevent any embarrassment most of the steps - except for #1. and #2. could be handled by PMs or emails.
These suggestions are not draconian as they are basically "tough love" in nature. Thanks.
Hanshi, You are absolutely right. If I want to be on a form that was all for politics I would be on that one. We don't need this for a stepping stone for people that are trying to push an agenda. People that are on this site are generally pro-Second Amendment and enjoy being free. Come on guys, we can do better.