Our 2009 season is over, Thank God!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franksauto

Reaction score
Its been a long and frustrating season. Weather hardly cooperated, deer were next to invisible, made some bad shots resulting in unrecovered/ wounder deer and believe it or not, no misses this year. Only spotted 3 bucks all season and ended up taking 2 does. Now I can get back to my life and start looking forward to making it happen next season.
Happy New Year,
Franko

sorry you had a bumbed out season come here with me in flordia its only half way through :p

Wounded deer suck. Tood my step-son on his first hunt, he knocked a nice buck down and it lay floppin and so forth. We let it lay s it would die and after the sun set, we went to recover i and found it somehow made it back to its feet and snuck away. tracked it to a swamp and lost it.

funman said:
sorry you had a bumbed out season come here with me in flordia its only half way through :p
I thought about it. The hog hunting must be really good down there.

Franksauto said:
funman said:
I thought about it. The hog hunting must be really good down there.

uh it can be, i dont spend time trying to lure them out with sour corn or other baiting techniques. But the people who do use that method get thier fair share. I still have not put my eyes on one this year but i see thier signs everywhere. I have only shot one since living here, :cry: so my record isnt the greatest, im sure i would do better if i just hunted pigs and not deer.

No deer yet, but i still have a couple of weeks left. Ala. goes to the end of the month. :p

I actually made out ok. I took 2 does. I always seem to complain no matter how well I do. It was just a very long, hard season.
Good luck to the rest of you.

Back